The Yobe State University (YSU) invites eligible and qualified candidates to apply for its postgraduate programs for the 2022/2023 academic session.
YSU Postgraduate Admission Entry Requirements
General Ordinary Level Requirements for All Postgraduate Programmes:
- Candidates must have five O/Level Credit Passes, including English Language, Mathematics, and three other department-related subjects.
Master’s Degree (M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc.):
- Holders of a first degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with CGPA 0/5.0 from YSU or any other recognized university.
- Candidates with at least a Third Class degree or HND and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with Lower Credit (CGPA 0/5.0) from YSU or any other recognized university may be considered.
Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.):
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree from YSU or any other recognized university must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with a CGPA of 0/5.0.
- Candidates must have an academic master’s degree in the relevant subject with a ‘B’ Average Grade (60%) in addition to their first degree from YSU or any other recognized university.
- Candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity, effective decision-making, and problem-solving potentials.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD):
- A first degree not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant subject from YSU or any other recognized university.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit (CGPA 0/5.0) or HND at Credit Level with any other recognized professional qualification in the relevant subject.
- Candidates with Third Class degrees may be considered for admission in their areas of specialization or other areas for the purpose of conversion.
How to Apply for YSU Postgraduate Admission Form
- Visit the YSU website at https://ysu.edu.ng/pgapplication
- Create an account by following the indicated steps.
- Generate an RRR code and pay the application fee of N10,000 using any e-payment channel or bank branch.
- Log in with your phone number and the generated RRR code to proceed with the application.
- Provide all required information in the application and print the acknowledgement slip.
- Upload all required documents, including certificates, official transcripts, indigene letter, and birth certificate/declaration of age.
- The sales of online application forms begin on Friday, 9th December 2022 and close on Saturday, 5th February 2023.
- A candidate can apply for admission to only one Degree/Diploma program at a given time.
- Departments, the Board of Postgraduate Studies, or the Senate shall not be obliged to give reasons for any decision made regarding a candidate’s application.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment