This is to inform the general public and all Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH) aspirants that the Department of Quantity Surveying admission requirements has been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Quantity Surveying include Five (5) SSCE credit passes in the following subjects:
- Physics and any three subjects from below:
- Technical Drawing/Fine Arts
- Further Mathematics Woodwork
- Religious Knowledge
- Metal Work
- And at least a credit pass in English Language is Compulsory.
- A pass in Art or Technical Drawing will be an advantage.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB
- English Language
- Any three of Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Biology/Agric. Science
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Quantity Surveying if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- YABATECH requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics or Geography, and any from Technical Drawing, Biology/Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, and Building Construction as UTME subjects.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into YABATECH for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 150 or above in your JAMB result.
Yaba College of Technology, or YABATECH, is a Federal Polytechnic in Lagos State. It is regarded as one of the best polytechnics in the state and is funded and managed by the federal government.
The College of Technology has been in operation since 1947 and thus has a wealth of experience in training students in Science, Technology, and Commerce; this experience and commitment is reflected in the college’s large alumni base.
Yaba College of Technology is Nigeria’s first higher education institution to establish a Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, with connections to business and industry.
We hope this article clarifies the requirements for admission to YABATECH’s Department of Quantity Surveying Admission. To all students wishing to school at YABATECH, RealMina says success to you.