Starting in 1963 with three grants, the Churchill Scholarship has subsequently increased to fourteen.
The University of Cambridge, centred at Churchill College, supports American students for a year of master’s study in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering.
The esteemed scholarship was established at Sir Winston Churchill’s request to carry out his vision of US-UK scientific interaction to develop science and technology on both sides of the Atlantic, contributing to our future prosperity and security.
A senior enrolled at one of the institutions taking part in the scholarship program, or a student, may apply for the Churchill Scholarship. Applicants must also be citizens of the United States, either naturalized or native-born.
A Churchill Scholar must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent before accepting the scholarship; they may still need to be doctoral candidates.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Criteria for Selection:
- A demonstrated an aptitude for study and the ability to improve knowledge in the sciences, engineering, or mathematics by pursuing original, creative work at a high level, as shown by honours, prizes, research, and letters of reference.
Applicants in the sciences and engineering should show substantial laboratory experience, internships, or other relevant work, whereas applications from applicants in mathematics should show significant independent work or other projects.
- Exceptional personal traits. The Churchill Foundation, which recognizes the time commitment needed for study, does not look for applicants who are supposedly “well-rounded” but rather for candidates who have what we like to refer to as interesting “jagged edges.”
However, it should be noted that successful applicants exhibit a dizzying array of skills and extracurricular interests, particularly in music, athletics, and volunteer work, among other activities.
- Outstanding academic success as demonstrated by course grades, particularly in the major. Although the Foundation sets no minimum GPA requirement, recent Churchill Scholars have had a GPA of at least 3.7 and typically have one of 3.9 or higher.
University name: Fairfield University
This scholarship surely will be another rare but wonderful opportunity you don’t want to miss. Always keep tabs with us for more updates on this and more.
My trust is that this article has been of great help to you.
If yes, please give us a review and do more to share with your friends.