If you are a student who intends to write WAEC, you should take your time and read this. This article provides information on process of WAEC registration.
In other words, it focuses on guiding you on how to register for WAEC as a school or private candidates. Thus, pay attention as you read through.
WAEC Registration Process 2020 for School Candidates
The step we about to discuss is not for WAEC candidates. But for school owners who are to register their students. And this is the e-Registration system.
The West African Examinations Council e-Registration System is a user-friendly online registration package. And it is for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
Also, it allows Secondary Schools in Nigeria to register their candidates online through the Internet. E-Registration can be done by secondary school owners by visiting www.waeconline.org.ng.
Documents like Timetable and Syllabus for the examination could easily be printed or downloaded by the School Authorities during e-Registration.
Steps for WAEC e-Registration
The following are the steps to take for this process:
- Payment for the examination.
- Identification of examination officer.
- Also, registration of candidates.
- Furthermore, reviewing/editing of candidate’s information.
- Also, generation of examination numbers.
- Downloading of information.
As a student, you don’t have to visit the WAEC Website for registration. The following are the steps your school should follow:
- Visit waeconline.org.ng.
- Click on the “May/June Examinations” icon.
- Also, sign in as a new user.
- Enter the necessary details like center number, candidates WAEC passport, subject of candidates, name and surname of candidates.
- Also, click on the “Checkbox” by the affirmation statement. This is to affirm that all the entries including the attached passport photograph are correct.
You can then download syllabus, timetable and registration template. Then the registration process continues.
NOTE: For a School Principal/Examination Officer to use the e-Registration Website as a new user, the school must have procured the Online Registration Scratch Card. Or Pay Voucher from the WAEC Zonal/Branch Office in charge of his/her State.
However, the Examination Officer could then use the PIN (Personal Identification Number) on the Scratch Card or Pay Voucher to sign up as a new user.
May/June WAEC 2020 Bio-Data Requirements for Online Registration
- First name
- Middle name
- Date of birth
- Marital Status
- Telephone Number
- State of Origin
- Local Government of origin
- O-level Subjects to be written
- Email address
- 1 passport photograph with red background
N/B: WAEC registration process, selection of approved school name, passport upload, selection of subjects and fingerprint or thumbprint capture is done with digital personal on WAEC official website – www.waecdirect.org
WAEC Registration Process 2020 for Private Candidates
The WAEC registration for the 2020 WASSCE for Private Candidates, Second Series (January/February), has commenced since on June 10, 2020. You will be learning everything you need to know to successfully register for it.
The WASSCE for Private Candidates 2020 – Second Series will be an urban based examination. Thus, Thirty Six (36) subjects would be available for the examination.
Intending candidates for the examination are therefore, strongly advised to visit the Council’s corporate website (www.waecnigeria.org) to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Candidates should also note that the 2020 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features. And this will be used for validation at the examination centers.
WAEC Registration Process and Period for Private Candidates
WAEC GCE normal registration period is from June 10th, 2020 to July 31st, 2020. And during this period, candidates arc expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only.
This is to be paid at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc.
- Also, First Bank of Nig. Ltd.
- Furthermore, Sterling Bank Plc.
- Also, Zenith Bank Plc.
- Additionally, Access (Diamond).
- Furthermore, First City Monument Bank Plc.
- Also, Skye Bank Plc.
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
- Also, Eco Bank Ltd.
- Furthermore, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
- Also, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
- Additionally, United Bank for Africa Plc.
- Fidelity Bank
- Furthermore, Heritage Bank Plc.
- Also, Standard Chartered Bank Plc.
- Additionally, Unity Bank Plc.
- Also, WEMA Bank Plc.
- Furthermore, Polaris bank.
- Additionally, Jaiz Bank.
Additionally, obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD. Also, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
WAEC GCE General Information
- Candidates should view the information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Also, candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Additionally, candidates should print the examination timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Also, entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs. And the background of such photographs must not be blue or red. Also, the size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Also, candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination.
- Furthermore, candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- Also, the entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one center will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Also, candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will not be entertained as soon as the examination commences.
- Also, candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- However, candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Also, candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19
- WAEC GCE Approved Subjects