The West African Examination Council GCE form for 2022 is finally out. For every student who wants to know about the 2022 WAEC GCE and about registering for it, continue reading below.
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2022 – Second Series are hereby informed that the registration began on Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) conducts two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates per year.
The WASSCE for Private Candidates-First Series is done in Jan/Feb, the Second Series is done in Oct/Nov.
Candidates should also note that the 2022 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
WAEC GCE Registration Period
- The closing date for WAEC GCE Registration is October 2, 2022.
- Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Second Series
|S/N||Subject Name||Subject Code|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|9||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
|22||HEALTH EDUCATION/HEALTH SCIENCE||508|
|32||CLOTHING AND TEXTILES||701|
|33||FOODS AND NUTRITION||702|
How to Apply for the 2022 WAEC GCE
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Also, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
National Identification Number
Each Candidate is expected to have a National Identification Number for the Registration exercise.
Candidates With Special Needs
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
Completion of Registration
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period.
They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and subjects are correct.
They are also to print the Admission Notice as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination.
The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is the UareU digital persona fingerprint device.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 DBI resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that submitting a defaced or poor-quality photograph by a candidate would automatically invalidate the candidate’s entry. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses for the examination, which they can download from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be canceled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any Candidate that comes into the examination hall with a mobile phone(s) and /or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results canceled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading, as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for amendments will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Admission Notice.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results canceled but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide a valid email and telephone number(s) during registration.
- All Candidates b be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.