Applications for the prestigious Venture in Management Program (ViMP) 2023 are now officially open.
This annual program by Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN), in operation since 2000, provides an intensive week-long business management exposure to selected members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
ViMP is designed to equip NYSC members with diverse facets of business management, key decision-making processes, and essential skills for General Management.
The program aims to prepare these young minds for the multifaceted world of business as managers and entrepreneurs and offers them a glimpse into the opportunities, responsibilities, and demands of a career in management.
The week-long program offers a blend of rigorous classroom meetings led by facilitators from the Lagos Business School, guest speaker sessions, case studies, panel discussions, study groups, and recreational activities.
It all culminates in a strategy workshop where participants present solutions to various business problems.
The program’s learning environment mimics top-tier business schools worldwide, with case studies focusing on Business Ethics, Leadership, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Social Enterprise, General Management, and Entrepreneurship.
Furthermore, participants can teach JAN programs and engage in a community service project in nearby elementary schools.
Applicants for ViMP 2023 must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a current or recent Youth Corps member.
- Must be younger than 27 years old
- and have excellent academic standing (at least a 2:1).
- Must have a proven interest in general management.
- Must have a track record of leadership.
- Prior participation in a JAN program will be considered an added advantage.
The application process requires the submission of the following documents:
- A completed application form online.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV should be saved with your full name).
- Proof of service ( Call-Up Letter or NYSC ID Card).
- Supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking here.
For more information, please visit the ViMP website.
The application deadline is July 18, 2023.
The 2023 ViMP offers a valuable opportunity for eligible NYSC members to immerse themselves in a high-intensity management training environment.
This experience will give a competitive edge in future business endeavors.
Hence, prospective applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
Please share this article with your friends.