Study in Sweden: The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition for studies at Sweden’s Uppsala University Master’s programmes, but not living expenses. Scholarships is aimed at students who live outside Europe in in areas of conflict in unsafe and dangerous conditions. The Uppsala University Masters Scholarship 2022/2023 for Developing Countries will be offered during the current admission round and commencing 29 August 2022.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Honduras, Mali, The Philippines, Somalia, South Korea or Yemen.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): Sweden
Field of Study: All
Type: Master’s taught
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Complete tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
Recommended for you:
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
- You must show why you are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need of the educational environment at Uppsala University, as well as that you have the academic talent required.
- You can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for a Master’s programme at Uppsala University chosen as first priority (the programme which you have ranked the highest of the four programmes you can choose at University Admissions).
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the programme you applied to. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.
Selection Process: Uppsala University’s scholarships for tuition liable students are merit-based and are awarded to academically talented students who show an interest in belonging to an educational milieu. Information about your academic performance is taken from the supporting documents you submit when applying to Master’s or Bachelor’s studies. The written motivation in your online scholarship application is also taken into account. Financial need does not factor into the awarding.
The scholarship selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the programme selection process. To gain entrance to the programme, and be awarded a scholarship, students must meet all general and specific entry requirements. The application fee and supporting documents must also be received before the deadline. Students who submit incomplete applications or do not apply in time will not be considered for scholarships at Uppsala University.
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
How to Apply for Uppsala University Masters Scholarship
The application period for scholarships from Uppsala University will be open from16 January – 1 February 2022. Therefore, the link to the online scholarship application form will be found on 16 January 2022.
However, application for admission is open. You must have applied and received admission to get this scholarship so apply today.
Documentation to send:
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use documentation you submit with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.
- Apply for admission from 16th Oct 2021 – 15th January 2022
- Scholarship Application opens: 16th January 2022
- Application closes: 1st February 2022.