Lagos State University Centre for Afro-Brazilian Studies (LASUCAS) is currently extending an invitation for applications from eligible candidates.
This esteemed institution offers an array of educational programs that cater to a wide range of academic interests and professional aspirations, particularly in the realms of Afro-Brazilian studies and language proficiency.
|Programme||Offer Multiple programs related to Afro-Brazilian and Portuguese studies.|
|Eligibility||Varies by program; includes WAEC/SSCE, age, and work experience.|
|🇧🇷 Scholarship||Brazilian Government scholarships require CELPE-Bras proficiency.|
|Duration||Durations vary: Six months for CELPE-Bras, and two academic sessions for diploma.|
|Admission Process||Application forms are obtainable from LASU’s website.|
|Fees||Application fees: N10,000 for Nigerians and $50 for foreigners.|
|Contact||Specific telephone numbers and campus locations are provided.|
|Application Close||The closing date is six weeks from the date of the publication.|
CELPE-BRAS Training: A Stepping Stone to Scholarships in Brazil
Understanding the CELPE-BRAS Examination
The Government of Brazil generously grants scholarships in multiple disciplines to a substantial number of Nigerian students each academic year. However, to qualify for these scholarships, one must successfully pass the CELPE-Bras examination, which certifies proficiency in the Portuguese language for non-native speakers.
Admission Requirements for CELPE-BRAS Training
To be deemed eligible for this program, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Academic Qualifications: Must possess at least five credits in WAEC/SSCE.
- Age Bracket: Should be between 17 and 23 years old for Undergraduate Scholarship opportunities.
- Educational Background: A minimum of a 2nd Class Honours (lower division) is required for Postgraduate Scholarship eligibility.
The CELPE-BRAS Training program extends for a span of six months.
Diploma in Portuguese and Brazilian Studies: A Foundation for Linguistic Excellence
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- A minimum of four credits in the General Certificate of Education (G.C.E.) ordinary level, including English, obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Three credits acquired in one sitting alongside five years of work experience in a reputable corporation or government institution.
- Mature candidates over 35 years old with three credits obtained in one sitting.
This course is designed as a part-time program spanning four semesters, equivalent to two academic years.
Certificate in Portuguese and Brazilian Studies: A Gateway to Global Opportunities
Prospective students must possess:
- Three credits in either WASC or GCE O-Level, including English, at not more than two sittings.
- Alternatively, three credits obtained in one sitting and five years of work experience in a corporate or governmental establishment are acceptable.
The program is composed of two modules, each lasting for a duration of three months, culminating in a six-month part-time course.
Proficiency Certificate in Yoruba for Non-Native Speakers: An Intercultural Exploration
Applicants must fulfill at least one of the following:
- A minimum secondary school certificate for foreign applicants.
- A minimum of three credits in WAEC or NECO for Nigerian applicants.
- Graduates of higher educational institutions from any discipline.
Note: Proficiency in Yoruba is not a mandatory requirement.
Duration of the Course
The program is an eight-week full-time course.
How to Apply: Step-by-Step Application Guide
Interested candidates can obtain the application form from the Lagos State University website (https://www.lasu.edu.ng/lasucas) at a cost of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only. For the Proficiency Certificate in Yoruba, the application fee for foreigners stands at Fifty Dollars ($50.00).
For additional information, please consult the LASU Centre for Afro-Brazilian Studies located on the 2nd floor, Babatunde Raji Fashola Senate Building, LASU Main Campus, Ojo. You may also contact:
- Prof Tayo Ajayi: +234-806-3323-910
- Mrs V.O. Opaleye: +234-803-3441-685
Please note that the closing date for application submissions is six weeks from the date of this publication. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to broaden your academic and cultural horizons.