The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) postgraduate courses for 2022/2023 academic session.
The management of the University of Nsukka (UNN) has advertised the current postgraduate courses that it offers for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The management of UNN advertised the following postgraduate programmes for 2022/2023 academic session.
UNN Postgraduate Courses
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Farm Management and Production Economics; Agricultural Marketing and Agri-business; Agricultural Finance and Project Analysis; Agricultural Cooperative and Resources; Environmental Economics.
- The Department of Agricultural Economics also offers PGD programme in Co-operative Studies; Farm Management and Production Economics; Agribusiness and Marketing.
- Departments of Food Science and Technology, Crop Science, Animal Science, Agricultural Extension and Soil Science, offer Postgraduate Diploma Programmes.
- Department of Animal Science
- Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry; Animal Production; Animal Physiology; Animal Breeding and Genetics.
- Department of Crop Science – PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.
- Crop Physiology Economic Entomology; Crop Production; Forage Crops; Hematology; Ornamental Horticulture; Plant Breeding and Genetics; Plant Pathology; Tropical Fruits and Plantation Crops; Vegetable Crops; Weed Science.
- Department of Agricultural Extension
- Agricultural Administration; Agricultural Communication; Agricultural Extension Education; Agricultural Planning and Evaluation; Rural Sociology.
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Food Chemistry and Analysis; Animal Production Technology; Fruits and Vegetable Processing Technology; Quality Control and Assurance; Cereals, Pulses, Legumes and Tuber Processing Technology; Food Biotechnology; Food Engineering and Processing.
- Department of Home Science – PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes
- Family and Child Studies; Home Management (Family Resource Management); Hospitality and Institutional Management; Interior Decoration and Design; Food and Nutrition; Textile, Clothing and Fashion Design.
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics – PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D programmes
- Dietetics; Community and Public Health Nutrition; Human and Experimental Nutrition
- Department of Soil Science
- Soil Genesis Survey and Classification;Remote Sensing, Environmental Impact Assessment and Land Evaluation; Soil Chemistry and Mineralogy; Soil Fertility and Management; Soil Physics and Conservation; Soil Biology and Biochemistry.
2. FACULTY OF ARTS
PGD, M.A. and Ph.D. degree programmes
- Department of Archaeology and Tourism (PGD, M.A. and Ph.D. Programmes)
- Paleolithic Studies; Iron Age Archaeology; Origins of Food Production and Urbanization; and Cultural Resource Management (Museum or Tourism Option).
- Department of English and Literary Studies (PGD, M.A and Ph.D.)
- English as a second Language (ESL); English Language; Literature; and Comparative Studies and Literature; Oral Literature.
- Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Ph.D. Art History; Ph.D. Art Education; Ph.D. Art Administration and Management; Ph.D. Fine Arts and Design (with specialization in Painting, Print Making; Sculpture-Visual Communication Design; Textile Design; Fashion Design; Ceramics).
- M.F.A. with specialization in Painting; Print Making; Sculpture; Textile Design; Fashion Design; Ceramics; Communication Art and Design (Options: Graphic Design and Advertizing; Product Design; Web Design and New Media); Film Making and Photography.
- M.A. Art History: Traditional African Art; Modern African Art; Asian Oriental Art; African-American Art.
- M.A. Art Education; M.A. Art Administration and Management
- PGD in Fine and Applied Arts.
- Department of Foreign Languages and Literary Studies (MA programme)
- African Literature in French; Caribbean Literature in French; Translation.
- The Department also offers Ph.D programmes in the following areas of specialization:
- African Literature in French; Caribbean Literature in French; German Literature.
- Department of History and International Studies (PGD, M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Political History; Economic History; Social History; International Studies
- Department of Linguistics, Igbo and Other Nigerian Languages (M.A, Ph.D)
- Linguistics; African Languages; Literature in African Languages; and Translation and Interpretation).
- The Department offers Ph.D. in the following areas of specialization:
- Linguistics; African Languages and Literature.
- Department of Mass Communication – PGD, M.A and Ph.D.
- Multimedia and Journalism; Broadcasting/Electronic Media; Public Relations; Advertising and Marketing Communications; Communication Advocacy; Development Communication; Population Communication.
- Department of Music
- Postgraduate Diploma in Music (PGDM): African Music Industry; Ensemble/Theatre Directing and Management; Music Education; Research; Composition and Musical Instrument Technology.
- MA Degree Programme: Ensemble/Theatre Directing and Management; Music Education; Research; Composition and Musical Instrument Technology.
- Ph.D Degree Programme in the following areas: African Music; Music Education; Composition; Musicology; Music Performance and Musical Instrument Technology; Ensemble/Theatre Directing and Management; Research and Musical Instrument Technology.
- Department of Theatre and Film Studies (M.A and Ph.D.
- Acting and Directing; Dramatic Theory and Criticism; Applied Theatre; Playwriting; African and Caribbean Drama and Theatre; Film and Media Arts Studies; Performance Studies; Scenography; Theatre and Cultural Administration.
3. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
M.Sc and Ph.D degree programmes in following Departments:
- Department of Human Anatomy : Gross Anatomy; Neuroanatomy; Histology; Embryology; Reproductive Technologies; Anatomical Science Education; Forensic Biology; Cell Biology; Biological Anthropology.
- Human Physiology: Blood; Cardiovascular System; Renal Physiology; Endocrinology; Reproduction; Developmental Programming; Neurophysiology.
- Medical Biochemistry: Biochemical and Molecular Parasitology; Enzymology; Micronutrients and Molecular Toxicology; Molecular Nutrition and Food Research; and Clinical Biochemistry.
4. FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in the following Departments:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Environmental Biochemistry; Enzymology; Industrial Biochemistry& Biotechnology; Medical Biochemistry; Nutritional Biochemistry; Molecular Biology; Pharmacological Biochemistry;ProteinChemistry; Lipid Biochemistry; Plant Biochemistry.
- Department of Microbiology
- Brewing Science and Technology (PGD); Medical Microbiology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.); Environmental Microbiology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.); Food/Industrial Microbiology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.); and Brewing Science and Technology (M.Sc).
- Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology – PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D
- Biosystematic/Taxonomy; Palynology/Palaeoecology; Plant Anatomy; Plant Physiology; Ecophysiology; Plant Pathology/Mycology; Genetics and Plant Breeding; Plant Ecology; Environmental Botany/Economic Botany; Plant Biotechnology; Algal Biotechnology; Fungal Biotechnology; Bagel Biotechnology; Aquatic Botany; Phycology/Limnology (Aquatic Ecology); and Ethnomedicine/ Phytomedicine.
- Department of Zoology and Environmental Biology (M.Sc. and (Ph.D.)
- Animal and Environme; Parasitology and Public Health; Entomology and Forensic Sciences; Fishery Science and Aquaculture; Hydrobiology/Aquatic Sciences; Ecology and Environmental Biology; Animal Genetics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
5. FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PGD, MBA, M.Sc and Ph.D. programmes
- Department of Accountancy
- Financial Accounting; Management Accounting, Auditing and Investigation; Taxation Laws and Accounts; Public Sector Accounting; Management Information System.
- Department of Banking and Finance
- PGD and MBA: Banking; Finance
- M.Sc and Ph.D: Finance; Banking and Credit Risk Management; Banking/Finance and Economic Development; Risk Management in Financial Institutions.
- Department of Management
- Administrative Theory and Practice; Human Resources Management; Production and Operations Management; Analytical Techniques; Corporate Strategy and Business Policy; Project Management and Feasibility Analysis; and Comparative Management Systems.
- Department of Marketing
- Marketing Communications; Physical Distribution and Channel Management; Industrial Marketing; Consumer-Buyer Behaviour; and International Marketing, Strategic Marketing. The Department of Marketing also offers executive M.Sc. degree programme in Public Relations.
6. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
PGDE, PGDL, M.Ed. and Ph.D. degree programmes in the following Departments:
- Department of Adult Education & Extra Mural Studies
- Adult Education Administration; Community Development; Extension & Distance Education.
- Department of Arts Education
- Curriculum Studies; Language Education; Educational Technology; Comparative & International Education; Music Education; Fine & Applied Arts Education; Moral Education; Religious Education.
- The Department of Educational Foundations
- Childhood Education; Educational Psychology; Guidance &Counselling; History of Education; Philosophy of Education; Sociology of Education; Special Education.
- Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Public Health Education; School Health Education; Mental and Emotional Health Education; Occupational and Industrial Health Education; Administration and Management of Physical Education and Sports; Curriculum and Physical Education Teacher Education; Psychology of Sports; Sociology of Sports; Recreation and Tourism; Exercise Physiology; Adapted Physical Education. For PGD: (a) Health Education (PGDHE); (b) Human Kinetics and Sports Studies (PGDHKS).
- Department of Library & Information Science – PGDL, M.L.S and Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- Department of Science Education
- Educational Research Methodology; Mathematics Education; Physics Education; Chemistry Education; Biology Education; Measurement & Evaluation, and Integrated Science Education.
- PGD Science Education with the following options: Biology Option; Chemistry Option; Integrated Science Option; Mathematics Option and Physics Option.
- Department of Social Science Education
- Economics Education; Political Science Education; Population & Family Life Education; Geographical & Environmental Education; and Social Studies Education.
Postgraduate Diploma programmes in the Faculty of Education are domiciled as follows: (PGDE) in Educational Foundations; PGDL in Library & Information Science; Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Education domiciled in the Department of Social Science Education.
7. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
M.Sc., M.Engr. And Ph.D. degree programmes in the following Departments:
- Department of Agricultural & Bioresources Engineering: (M.Engr and Ph.D)
- Power Systems, Machinery and Mechatronic Engineering; Soil and Water Resources Engineering; Food and Bioprocess Engineering; Structures and Environmental Control Engineering; Biomass and Renewable Energy Engineering; Aqua Cultural Engineering; Forest Engineering; Ecological Engineering.
- Department of Civil Engineering (PGDCE, M.Sc., M.Engr, Ph.D)
- Structural Engineering; Environmental Engineering; Water Resources Engineering; Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering; Materials & Construction; and Highway Engineering.
- Department of Electrical Engineering (M.Engr. and Ph.D)
- Power Electronics, Drives and New System; Electrical Machine and Drives; Electromagnetic Fields and Application; Power Systems and High Voltage Engineering; and Automatic Control Systems.
- Department of Electronic Engineering (M.Sc, M.Engr and Ph.D)
- Communications; Digital and Computer Electronics. Currently, the Department of Electronics Engineering has no facilities in the area of Control Systems.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (PGD, M.Sc., M.Engr., Ph.D.)
- Materials Technology and Mechanics; Fluid Mechanics and Gas Dynamics; Design and Production Technology; Industrial Engineering and Management.
- Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (PGD, M.Sc, M.Engr., Ph.D)
- Chemical/Process Metallurgy (Minerals Processing, Extraction of Metals, Corrosion, Metallurgical Process Development, Modern Coating)
- Physical/Mechanical Metallurgy (Welding, Failure Analysis, Heat Treatment of Metals, Metal Working, Fracture Mechanism, Dislocation Mechanism)
- Materials Engineering (Nano-Technology, Composites, Polymer, Biomaterials, Nuclear Materials, Ceramics and Refractory, Electronic and Magnetic Materials)
The Departments of Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering offer PGD programmes.
8. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIESPGD, M.Sc., M.Arch.and Ph.D. Programmes in the following Departments:
- Departments of Architecture
- Architectural Design; Architectural Science and Technology; Housing; Construction Management; Architectural History and Theory; Sustainable Design; Architectural Conservation; Architectural Practice and Management; Industrial Design; Landscape Architecture Design; Urban Design, Computer Aided Design/Technology and Media Architecture and Interior Design.
- Department of Estate Management (PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D. and Master in Real Estate (MRE) Programmes)
- Valuation; Feasibility/Viability Appraisals; Taxation, Facility and Property Management; Development and Utilization and Land Resources inclusive of Estate and Interests tread as strongly rooted in Philosophical and Socio-economic foundations of their Relationship to man, society and environment.
- Department of Geoinformatics& Surveying (PGD, M.Sc., MGIT and Ph.D.)
- Land Surveying; Geodesy; Protogrammetry; Remote Sensing; Hydrography; Cartography; Geographic Information System (GIS); Land Information Management (LIM).
- Department of Urban & Regional Planning (M.Sc, MURP and Ph.D.)
- Traffic and Transportation Planning;Tourism Planning and Development;Conservation/Preservation;Housing and Community Development;Recreation Facility Planning; Social Services and Planning;Regional/Rural Development Planning;Land Use and Development control; Urban Design; Environmental Planning and Management.
9. FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES & TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Health Administration & Management
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D: Health Economics; Health Management & Policy.
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D: Clinical Chemistry; Hematology; Histopathology; Microbiology; and Immunology.
- Department of Medical Radiography & Radiological Sciences
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D Medical Imaging with options in;
- Medical Ultrasound
- Computerized Tomography(CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Conventional Radiography
- Radiation Therapy and Oncology; Radiation and Environmental Protection; Radiography Education; Radiology Administration and Management.
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D Medical Imaging with options in;
- Department of Medical Rehabilitation
- M.Sc M.Sc/Ph.D and Ph.D: Cardio-Pulmonary Physiotherapy; Neurological Physiotherapy; Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy; Exercise and Sports Physiotherapy; Women’s Health Physiotherapy; Paediatric Physiotherapy; Community Physiotherapy.
- Department of Nursing Sciences
- M.Sc and Ph.D: Maternal & Child Health Nursing; Medical Surgical Nursing; Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing; Nursing Administration & Management; Community Health Nursing; and Nursing Education.
10. FACULTY OF LAW
LL.M. and Ph.D. Degree programmes in the following Departments:
- Department of Commercial and Corporate Law
- LL.M and Ph.D degree programmes in the following areas: Law of Business Organization; Banking; Investment and Capital Market; Law of Commercial Transaction; Insurance Law; and Maritime.
- Department of Customary and Indigenous Law
- LL.M and Ph.D degree progrqmmes in the following areas: Customary Jurisprudence; Customary Property Law; Indigenous Peoples in International Law.
- International and Corporate Law
- LL.M degree programmes in the following areas: Public and International Law; Law of International Institutions; International Environmental Law; International Economic Law; International Human Rights Law; and International Criminal Law.
- Department of Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- LL.M and Ph.D degree programmes in the following areas: Jurisprudence and Legal Theory; Comparative Constitutionalism; International Criminal Law and Theory; Law and Development.
- Department of Private Law
- LL.M and Ph.D degree programmes in the following areas: Laws Governing the Private Practice of Law, Civil Proceedings and Allied Professional Concerns; The Regulation of Private Investments, the Capital Market and Industrial Relations; Laws Pertaining to Personal and Familial Relations; International Business Law & Institutions; Private Law Theory
- Department of Property Law
- LL.M and Ph.D degree programmes in the following areas: Property and Fiscal Law; Law of International Finance and Commerce; Law of Corporations, Governance and Dispute Settlement
- Department of Public Law
- LL.M and Ph.D degree programmes in the following areas: Administrative Law; Comparative Constitutional Law; Human Rights Law; Health Law and Policy; Humanitarian Law; Advanced Criminal Law.
11. FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Community Medicine
- MPH degree programme is offered by the Department of Community Medicine in the following areas of specialization: Epidemiology; Biostatistics & Population Studies; Health Care Studies; General Preventive & Health Communication Studies; Primary Health Care and Nutrition Studies.
- Department of Pharmacology &Therapeutics
- M.Sc, Ph.D and MDdegree programmes.
- Pharmacology; Toxicology; Statistics; Epidemiology
- Department of Medicine
- M.Sc. and MD (Doctor of Medicine) are offered by the Department of Medicine in the following areas of specialization:
- MD degree in Cardiology; Nephrology; Neurology; Endocrinology; Gastroenterology; Respiratory Medicine (Pulmonology); Rheumatology; Infectious Diseases; Clinical Pharmacology/Therapeutics and Dermatology.
- M.Sc. degree in Cardiology; Nephrology; Neurology; Endocrinology; Gastroenterology; Respiratory Medicine (Pulmonology); Rheumatology; Infectious Diseases; Clinical Pharmacology/Therapeutics and Dermatology.
12. FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacy Management
- M.Pharm and Ph.D: Pharmaceutical Services e.g. drug information services; Pharmacotherapy of various units e.g. oncology, cardiovascular, neurology; Ambulatory Care/Adult Medicine; Clinical Pharmacokinetics/biopharmaceutics; Hospital Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical care; Social Pharmacy/Behavioural Pharmacy; Pediatric Pharmacy; Hematology; Pharmacy Practice Management; Infectious Diseases; Public Health Pharmacy; Pharmacoeconomics/ Pharmacoepidemicology; Social Pharmacy/Behavioural Pharmacy; Pediatric Pharmacy; Hematology; Pharmacy Management; and Infectious Diseases.
- Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharm, M.Sc and Ph.D: Natural Products Chemistry; Drug Metabolism; and Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology
- PGD, M. Pharm, M.Sc, Ph.D Programmes: Fermentation and General Pharmaceutical Microbiology; Pharmaceutical Biotechnology; Genetics and Immunology; Sterilization and Disinfection; Microbial Ecology; Sterile Products Formulation; Chemotherapy
- D. Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharm and Ph.D Programmes: Powder and Tablet Technology; Dispersed Systems and Semi-Solids; Bipharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics; Parenteral Dosage form Technology; Industrial Pharmacy.
- Department of Pharmaceutics
- M.Sc, M.Pharm and Ph.D Programmes : Physical Pharmaceutics; Compounding; Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology; Dispensing; and Pharmacy practices.
- Department of Pharmacognosy and Environmental Medicine
- M.Pharm, M.Sc, Ph.D Programmes in the following areas: Phytochemistry; Biomedicinal Chemistry; Ethnobotany; Phytopharmacology; Drug Evaluation and Quality Control
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- M.Pharm, M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes: Autonomic Pharmacology; Neuropharmacology; Biochemical Pharmacology; Chemotherapy; Clinical Pharmacology; Toxicology; Cardiovascular Pharmacology; Natural product Pharmacology; General Pharmacology.
13. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Computer Science
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmes: Systems Engineering; Software Engineering; Artificial Intelligence; Computer Networks; Theoretical Computer Science; Data communication
- Department of Geology
- (M.Sc. and Ph.D programmes in the following areas): Economic Geology and Geochemistry; Engineering Geology/Environmental Geology; Applied Geophysics; Hydrogeology/Environmental Geology; Mineralogy and Petrology; Palaeontology and Biostratigraphy; Petroleum Geoscience; Stratigraphy and Sedimentology; Structural Geology.
- Department of Physics & Astronomy
- M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes: Condensed Matter Physics; Medical Physics; Theoretical High Energy Physics; Solid Earth Geophysics; Astronomy; Atmospheric Physics; Solar Energy Physics/ Materials Science.
- Department of Pure & Industrial Chemistry
- M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes: Inorganic Chemistry; Physical and Theoretical Chemistry; Organic Chemistry; Analytical Chemistry; Fossil Fuel (Petroleum, Coal and Natural gas) Chemistry; Polymer Chemistry; Industrial Chemistry; Environmental Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes: Pure Mathematics; Applied Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes: Probability; Inference; Design of Experiments/Analysis; Sample Survey/Demography; Stochastic Processes/Time Series; Statistical Computing
14. FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Economics
- PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D degree programmes in: Economic Theory; Econometrics; Monetary Economics; Labour and Industrial Economics; International Economics; Development Economics; Mathematical Economics; Operations Research; Petroleum and Energy Economics; Finance and Public Sector Economics; Environmental Economics; Health Economics.
- Department of Geography
- PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D degree programmes in: Agricultural Geography; Biogeography; Cartography; Climatology/Physical Oceanography; Environmental Management; Geographic Information Systems; Geomorphology; Hydrology and Water Resources; Industrial Geography; Political Geography; Population Geography; Remote Sensing; Rural Geography; Transportation Geography and Urban Geography.
- Departments of Philosophy
- M.A: Political and Social Philosophy; Western Metaphysics; Ethics/Moral Philosophy; Epistemology ; History of Western Philosophy; African Philosophy; Jurisprudence/Philosophy of Law.
- Ph.D: Metaphysics; Epistemology; Moral Philosophy/Ethics; History of Western Philosophy; African Philosophy; Political and Social Philosophy; Philosophy of Law and Jurisprudence
- Department of Political Science
- PGD, PGDEA, M.Sc and Ph.D. Programmes in: Political Theory; Public Administration; Comparative Politics; Electoral Studies; International Relations; Political Economy; Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies; Human Security and Counter-Terrorism Studies. PGDEA is Postgraduate Diploma in Election Administration.
- Department of Psychology
- M.Sc. & Ph.D. Programmes in: Experimental Psychology; Developmental Psychology; Clinical Psychology; Industrial/Organizational Psychology; Social Psychology; School Psychology;and Counseling Psychology.
- Department of Public Administration and Local Government
- PGD, MPA, M.Sc., DPA& Ph.D. degree programmes.
- Financial Management; International Administration; Local Government and Human Resources Management
- PGD and M.Sc in Social Policy
- Department of Religion & Cultural Studies
- PGD, M.A. and Ph.D degree programmes: Old Testament; New Testament; Church History; African Traditional Religion; Religion and Society; Religion and Conflict Resolution.
- Department of Sociology/Anthropology
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmesin the following areas: Anthropology; Anthropology and Development; Climate Change and Society; Comparative Ethnography; Criminology and Sociology of Deviance; Culture and Communication; Demography and Population Studies; Environmental Sociology; Family Studies; Gender and Women Studies; Industrial and Labour Relations; Industrial Sociology; Medical Anthropology; Medical Sociology; Military Sociology and Diplomacy; Oral Tradition and Sociology; Organizational Sociology; Political Anthropology; Political Sociology; Postcolonial Studies; Rural Sociology; Security Studies; Social Development Studies; Social Institutions; Symbolic Anthropology; Urban Anthropology; Urban Sociology.
- The Department of Sociology/Anthropology offers PGD programme in the following areas:
- Criminology; Gender and Women Studies; Industrial and Labour Relations; Social Development Studies.
- Department of Social Work
- PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D Programmes in: Social Gerontology; Community Development; Medical Social Work; Social Policy/Industrial Social Work; Social Work Administration; Family Social Work; Psychiatric Social Work; Clinical Social Work; School Social Work.
15. FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmes in the following Departments:
- Department of Veterinary Anatomy
- M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes in: Neuroanatomy; Developmental Anatomy Embryology; Microscopic Anatomy (Histology); Gross and Comparative Anatomy; Immunochemistry; Histochemistry; and Applied Anatomy and Biotechnology.
- Department of Animal Health and Production (M.Sc. and Ph.D. Degree Programmes)
- Large Ruminant Health and Production; Small Ruminant Health and Management; Dairy Animal Health and Production; Nutrition in Health and Disease; Swine Health and Production; Poultry Health and Management; Animal Genetics and Breeding; Animal Health Management and Economics; Nutrition and Biotechnology; Fishery, Zoo and Micro livestock.
- Department of Veterinary Medicine (M.Sc., and Ph.D. Degree Programmes)
- Avian Medicine; Ruminant Medicine; Small Animal Medicine; Swine Medicine; Equine Medicine; Fish Medicine; Laboratory and Wildlife Medicine; Ethnoveterinary Medicine.
- Department of Veterinary Obstetrics & Reproductive Diseases
- M.Sc and Ph.D Programmes in: Veterinary Andrology; Gynaecology; Obstetrics and Reproductive Biotechnology.
- Department of Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology (M.Sc., and Ph.D. Degree Programmes)
- Veterinary Helminthology; Veterinary Protozoology; Veterinary Entomology
- Department of Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology (M.Sc., and Ph.D. Degree Programmes)
- Veterinary Pathology: Diagnostic (Anatomic) Pathology; (Clinical Pathology (Haematology and Clinical Chemistry); Avian Pathology; Nutritional Pathology.
- Veterinary Microbiology: Bacteriology; Virology; Mycology; Micoplasmology and Rickettsiology; and Immunology.
- Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology (M.Sc and Ph.D programmes)
- Veterinary Biochemistry, Veterinary Pharmacology, Veterinary Physiology and Veterinary Toxicology
- Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine (M.Sc., MVPH, MPVM and Ph.D. Degree Programmes)
- Veterinary Public Health; Preventive Veterinary Medicine; Veterinary Epidemiology
- Department of Veterinary Surgery & Radiology M.Sc., and Ph.D. degree programmes
- Veterinary Anaesthesiology; Veterinary soft tissue surgery; Veterinary Orthopaedics and Lameness; Veterinary Radiology; Veterinary Ultrasonology and other diagnostic Imaging; Veterinary Oncology and Nuclear Medicine; Veterinary Dentistry and Dental technology
16. FACULTY OF VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
PGDE, PGDTE, M.Tech., M.Ed. and Ph.D. degree programmes in the following Departments:
- Department of Agricultural Education (PGDTE, M.Tech., M.Ed. and Ph.D.)
- Technology Education in Production Agriculture; Agro-Business Education; Soil Education
- Department of Business Education (PGDTE, M.Tech., and Ph.D.)
- Accounting Education, Marketing Education and Management Education.
- Department of Computer & Robotics Education (PGDTE, M.Tech., and Ph.D.)
- Software Development and Application.
- Hardware Maintenance and Management.
- Networking and Communication.
- Computer and Robotic Education.
- Department of Home Economics and Hospitality Management (PGDTE, M.Tech., and Ph.D.)
- Child Development and Care Education; Clothing and Textile Technology Education; Food and Nutrition Education; Home Management; and Hospitality Management Education.
- Department of Industrial Technical Education (PGDE, PGDTE, M.Tech., and Ph.D.)
- Building/Woodwork Technology; Electrical/Electronic Technology; Metal Work/Automobile Technology.
- Department of Vocational and Entrepreneurship Education
- Vocational Education (Masters and Ph.D.); Entrepreneurship Education (Masters and Ph.D.);Agricultural Education (PGDTE); Business Education (PGDTE); Computer Education (PGDTE); Home Economics and Hospitality Management (PGDTE); and Industrial Technical Education (PGDTE).
17. INSTITUTE OF AFRICAN STUDIES
- Offers Postgraduate programmes as followings: African Peace and Conflict Studies (PGD); African Studies (M.A, & Ph.D.); and Peace and Conflict Studies (MA).
18. INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (IDS) – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D. degree programmes
- The IDS has the following areas of specialization at Masters (M.Sc.) degree level:
- Governance and Social Change; Poverty, Power Relations and Social Change; Knowledge, Technology and Society; and International Development.
- At Ph.D. degree level, the Institute has the following areas of specialization: Human and Social Development; Community Development; Conflict Resolution and Peace-Building; and Natural Resources and Sustainable Development.
19. INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES (IMS)
- Offers postgraduate programmes as follows: M.Sc. and PGD in Maritime Business and International Logistics; M.Sc. and PGD in Maritime Law and Policy; M.Sc. in Maritime Telecommunication; PGD in Radio Maritime Telecommunication; and M.Sc in Maritime Management.
20. CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & CONTROL
- Centre for Environmental Management and Control (CEMAC) offers PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmes in Environmental Management & Control; Disaster Risk Management; Chemical Security Management. The Centre also offers Master’s degree programmes in Disaster Risk Management (MDRM).
21. INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- The Institute of Public Health offers M.Sc., DrPH and PhD. programmes in the following areas: Health Systems, Policy and Management; Epidemiology and Biostatistics; Health Promotion and Communication; Environmental and Occupational Health; Clinical Epidemiology; Bioethics.
22. INSTITUTE OF MOLECULAR AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes in the following areas: Tropical Paediatrics; Human Reproduction; Adolescent and Child Health; Women’s Health and Reproductive Science.
23. INSTITUTE MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH – PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D
- Growth & Development; Genetics, Molecular and Cellular Biology; Paediatric Sub-speciality; ICT & Priority Advanced Research Methodology.
24. INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (SANDWICH PROGRAMMES)
- Offers PGDE sandwich programme and PGD sandwich programme in the following areas: Citizenship Education; Gender Education; Office Administration and Technology Education; and Women Education.
- PGD in Citizenship Education: A minimum of Bachelors degree or HND passed at distinction or upper credit in Education, Social Sciences or related fields like Arts (Communication, Fine Arts, Drama and Languages).
- PGD in Gender Education: A candidate is qualified to apply with Bachelor’s degree or HND in any area of Education and Social Sciences, Arts and Sciences, passed at distinction or credit level.
- PGD in Office Administration and Technology Education: The entry requirement is Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any area of Education, Social Sciences, ICT or other professionals whose detailed academic records are acceptable to senate of the University of Nigeria may be admitted.
- PGD in Women Education: The entry requirement is Bachelor’s Degree or HND passed at credit level in any area of Education, Social Sciences, ICT or other professionals whose detailed academic records are acceptable to senate of the University of Nigeria may be admitted.
25. INSTITUTE OF CLIMATE CHANGE
- Institute of Climate Change offers postgraduate programmes leading to the award of PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in the following areas: Science of Climate Change; Ground Based Measurement and Indigenous Technology Application to Climate Change; Environmental Literacy and Policy Studies on Climate Change; Sustainability Studies; Studies on Environmental and Climate Change Laws.
26. INSTITUTE FOR DRUG, HERBAL MEDICINES AND EXCIPIENT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Institute for Drug, Herbal Medicines and Excipient Research and Development offers postgraduate programmes leading to the award of M.Sc degrees in the following areas: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology; Herbal Medicine; Drug Discovery and Development; and Regulatory Science.
- Graduate of related faculties in University of Nigeria or of other recognized universities who have obtained a degree of bachelor with at least a second class honours (lower division) with a CGPA not less than 2.50 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- For emphasis, related disciplines as mentioned above include: Pharmacy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science, Parasitoloty, Zoology, Plant Science/Botany, Science Laboratory Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry (Industrial or Applied), etc.
27. AFRICA CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR SUSTAINABLE POWER AND ENERGY DEVELOPMENT (ACE-SPED)
- African Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Power and Energy Development (ACE-SPED) offers postgraduate programmes leading to the award of M.Eng/M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in the following areas:
- Renewable and New Energy Systems; Power Engineering; Sustainable Energy Materials Engineering; Industrial Electronics and Power Devices; Control and Instrumentation Engineering; Engineering Design & Product Development.
- The Centre offers M.Sc and Ph.D in Management of Technology and Innovation (MoTI); and M.Sc in Energy Policy, Regulation and Management.
- Finally the Centre offers PGD Programme in Additive Manufacturing (3-D Printing) Technology.
- M.Eng/M.Sc Programmes: Applicants for Masters programmes must possess B.Eng. or B.Sc. degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division) with minimum CGPA of 2.75 on a 5-point scale (or 2.4 on a 4-point scale) from any recognized university in the relevant disciplines in engineering or physical science. Graduates from any discipline can, however, apply for M.Sc in Management of Technology and Innovation (MoTI) provided they meet the above CGPA requirement.
- Ph.D Programmes: Applicants for Ph.D must possess M.Eng or M.Sc with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale (or 3.0 on a 4-point scale) from any recognized university in the relevant disciplines in engineering or physical science. PhD in Management of Technology and Innovation (MoTI) is, however, for graduates of MBA and M.Sc programmes in any management discipline who meet the above CGPA requirement.
- PGD Programme: Applicants for PGD could be graduates of science, applied science, maths, engineering or related degrees keen to pursue careers in the development or exploitation of materials; graduates currently working in industry keen to extend their qualifications; individuals wishing to start/progress their career; or individuals with other qualifications who possess considerable relevant experience. A first degree with at least a Third Class Honours or Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a upper credit is required for consideration for admission.