This is to notify the general public and all aspiring students of the University of Nigeria (UNN) that the Department of Physical & Health Education admission requirements has been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Physical Education & Health include the following:
- Five (5) SSCE credit passes /TC II merit passes to include English Language and Mathematics.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB.
- English Language.
- Biology and any two (2) relevant subjects
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Physical & Health Education if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social work, and Health Administration with overall grades of merit plus three (3) ‘O’ Level credit passes/TC II merit which should include English Language.
- NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a passing grade plus two (2) ‘O’ Level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- Registered Nurse plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- Two (2) or more ‘A’ Level passes one (1) of which must be Biology/Zoology plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE merit in Physical and Health Education/Integrated Science/Food AND Nutrition
- Merit in National Institute for Sports (NIS) certificate
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNN for the 2022/2023 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have a score of a minimum of 160 or above in your JAMB result.
The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria.
Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has four campuses – Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla – all located in Enugu State and Aba campus in Abia State
The University of Nigeria was the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria modeled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five most reputed universities in Nigeria.
We hope this article clarifies the admission requirements for UNN’s Department of Physical Education. RealMina wishes good luck to all students who wish to attend UNN.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment