This article is designed to help students who wish to study Education and Social Studies under the Faculty of Education in University of Nigeria Nsukka as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in UNN to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has four campuses – Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla – all located in Enugu State and Aba campus in Abia State
The University of Nigeria was the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria modelled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five most reputed universities in Nigeria. The university has 15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The University offers 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes.
The university celebrated its 50th anniversary on October 2010
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Education and Social Studies;
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language plus two Arts /Social Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. EKSU accepts any three subjects.
2. OAU accepts Fine Art, Home Management and Music with credits in at least 2 of Economics, Govt., Geog, History and Religious Studies. TC II holders should have merit passes in any 2 of History, Home Economics, Social Studies, Fine Art and Religious Studies.
3. DELSU requires at least a pass in O/Level Mathematics.
4. DELSU requires credit passes in two subjects from Geography/Physics, Economics, History and Government.
5. UNIBEN requires Mathematics and 2 Social Science subjects.
6. ABSU requires fives SSCE credit in passes in English Language plus three other subjects and at least a pass in Mathematics.
7. UNICAL requires five O/Level credits in English Language and other relevant subjects and accepts a pass in Mathematics.
8. OAU requires Five ‘0’ credit passes including English Language. Candidates with GCE O/Level background should have credits in at least two of Economics, Geography, Government History, Music, Fine Arts, Religious Studies and Home Economics. Those with TC II should have merits in English and two of Social Studies, History, Government, Home Economics, Fine art and Music, Religious Studies and Literature in English.
9. IAUED – Same as in Geography Education.
10. EBSU requires five SSCE credit passes in English, Mathematics, Government, Biology and any one other social science subject.
11. GOUU requires credit pass in Mathematics.
12. KSU requires five O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Pass in Mathematics and four other relevant subjects.
13. TASUED requires five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, and Social Science Subject.
14. UNIABUJA requires five Credit Passes at SSCE (or its equivalent) to include Mathematics, English Language and three other relevant Arts/Social Science subjects.
15. ILORIN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) of the following subjects: Economics, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Civic Education, Government, Commerce, Marketing and Business Management.
16. LCITY requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at SSC or its equivalent to include English Language, Government/History and any other three (3) Arts subjects.
17. AAUA requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and three subjects from CRS/IRS, Lit. in. English, Geography, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Bookkeeping, Government, Biology/Agricultural Science.
in UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Education and Social Studies under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Any three of Christian Religious Knowledge, Economics, Geography/Physics, Government, History and IRS.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. DELSU requires at least Two of Economics, Geography/Physics, Government and History.
2. UNIBEN requires Mathematics and any two of Economics, Government and Geography.
3. UNICAL same as in Education Arts.
4. IAUED – Same as in Geography Education.
5. EBSU requires Government, History and Geography.
6. AAUA requires any three (3) of CRS/IRS, Economics, Geography, Government/History, Biology/Agricultural Science
7. ILORIN requires Mathematics plus two (2) other Social Science subjects from Economics, Fine Arts, Government, Commerce and Geography.
8. TASUED requires two (2) Social Science and any one other subject.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Education and Social Studies, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require;i. NCE (Social Studies) from recognised colleges.
ii. Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects.
1. OAU accepts NCE (Social Studies) from recognized Colleges of Education, NCE Social Studies combined with any Social Science subject or Arts is acceptable to O.A.U. plus three other subjects including English passed at credit levels in GCE O/LEVEL or TC II at credit/merit levels in relevant subjects or Association Certificate in Education (Social Studies) of OAU or its equivalent passed at credit/merit level.
2. UNIBEN requires 2/3 NCE merit passes including a Social Science subject plus 3/2 O/L credit passes-including English Language and Mathematics at one sitting.
3. IAUED – Same as in Geography Education.
4. UNICAL same as in Education Arts.
5. EBSU requires NCE/Two ‘A’ level passes in social studies, Government or History.
6. TASUED accepts:
(a) Two ‘A’ level/ NCE (Credit/ Merit) in Economics, Government /Political Science, Religious Studies, History, Geography and Social Studies.
(b) National Diploma (ND) (Upper Credit) in Public Admission, Local Government Administration
7. UNIABUJA accepts: Two A level Credit passes in relevant Subjects/ NCE (minimum 10 points) in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements.
8. AAUA accepts two (2) NCE merit in History, Home Economics, Fine Arts, Social Studies, Religious Studies, Home Management, Political Science, Guidance and Counseling, Educational Management.
9. ILORIN – Preference will be given to NCE holders for Direct Entry. General English at NCE level is not acceptable as a replacement for the ‘O’ Level credit pass.