This article is designed to help students who wish to study Education and English Language under the Faculty of Education in University of Nigeria Nsukka as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in UNN to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has four campuses – Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla – all located in Enugu State and Aba campus in Abia State
The University of Nigeria was the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria modelled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five most reputed universities in Nigeria. The university has 15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The University offers 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes.
The university celebrated its 50th anniversary on October 2010
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Education and English Language;
You require;Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language and Literature in English plus three other Arts or Social Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. DELSU accepts General English at NCE in lieu of ‘O’ level credits/TC II merit in English Language.
2. AAUA accept any other subjects.
3. OAU requires five ‘0’ Level credits which should include English Language and Literature in English plus credit passes in any three other subjects or Credit/Merit passes in 5 TC II subjects relevant to the course of study may be accepted.
4. BSU accepts credit/merit at TC II in relevant subjects.
5. UNIBEN requires five O’ level credit passes to include English Language and other subjects from Literature-in-English, History, French, Fine Arts, Government and Religious Knowledge.
6. UMYUK requires five O/Level credit passes including English Language and any other four Arts subjects with a pass in Mathematics.
7. TASUED requires Five SSCE credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include Literature in English, English Language and at least one other Arts subject.
8. ABSU requires Five SSCE credit to include English Language, English Literature and any three subject.
9. UNIOSUN School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects: English Language, Mathematics and English Literature to form the core subjects, with credit in three (3) other relevant Art or Social Science subject at not more than two sittings. The candidate must earn an acceptable score in the UTME.
10. LASU requires a credit in Mathematics.
11. UNIABUJA and EBSU require five `O` level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Lit-in-English and two other Arts subjects.
12. UNILAG requires five Credits including English, Mathematics, Literature in English and 2 of Yoruba/Igbo, History or Government, Economics, Geography, French, IRS and Arabic.
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Education and English Language under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Literature in English and one Arts and any other subjects.
(i) EBSU require Literature in English and two (2) Arts subject.
(ii) For BENIN the third (3rd) subject could also be an Arts or a Social Science subject.
(iii) AAUA requires Literature in English and two (2) other Arts subjects.
(iv) LAGOS accepts any three (3) Of Literature in English, History/Government, French/Arabic, Geography, Math, Yoruba/Igbo, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies and any of Economics or Commerce.
(v) SLUK accepts any three (3) subjects from Literature in English, History, Government, Arabic, French, Hausa and Islamic Studies.
(vi) DELSU requires English Literature and two (2) relevant Arts/Social Science subjects.
(vii) IMSU accepts any other subject.
(viii) MAIDUGURI requires any three (3) subjects from Arts.
(ix) OOU require Literature in English and two (2) Arts subject.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Education and English Language, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
1. Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant teaching subjects including Literature in English.
2. NCE with credit or merit passes in two relevant subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. OAU accepts two ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects including Literature in English. NCE with credit or merit passes in two relevant teaching subjects including Literature in English may be accepted.
2. UNIJOS accept holders of National Diploma.
3. UNN accept NCE with at least credits in subjects to be combined with Education into 300 level.
4. UNIPORT – No Direct Entry admission.
5. BSU requires ‘A’ level passes in relevant teaching subjects including Literature-in-English, NCE with English Language and any other Arts subject.
6. LASU accepts only NCE (merit) in English and one other Arts subject.
7. UMYUK accepts two A/Level passes at credit level. NCE credit in English and any other Arts Subjects is also acceptable.
8. BIU requires in addition to the O’ level requirements specified in the table above, a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at GCE Advanced level or NCE (3 merits) or National Diploma in relevant field not below credit level is required.
9. TASUED accepts NCE merit in two (2) teaching subjects including Literature in English not General English provided that they meet the basic ‘O’ Level requirements
10. UNIOSUN accepts two A/Level passes at credit level to include English.
11. EBSU accepts NCE/Two ‘A’ level passes in English, Literature.
12. UNILAG accepts:
(a) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects: Literature-in-English, and any two of French, Igbo, Yoruba, History, CRS, IRS, Government, Economics and Arabic.
(b) Two (2) A/Level passes in English and Literature-in English.
(c) NCE: English, Literature-in-English, Mathematics and any other two subjects.
(d) Candidates must also satisfy the O/Level requirement
14. IBADAN accept NCE with ‘O’ Level credit passes in subjects to be combined with Education into 300 level