This is to inform the general public that the management of the University Of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka, has published the admission requirements for her Department of Agriculture and Bio-Resources Engineering aspirants.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
The University of Nigeria was the first indigenous university in Nigeria to attain full-fledged and autonomous status. It was modelled after the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of Nigeria’s five most reputed universities.
The University has 102 academic departments in 15 Faculties and offers 82 undergraduate and 211 postgraduate programs.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Agriculture and Bio-Resources Engineering are five SSCE (5) credit passes and should include:
- English Language
- Any of
- Introduction to Agricultural Science
- Materials & Workshop Process and Machining
- Tractor Layout Power Unit Under Carriage and Auto Electricity
- Transmission System
- Implement and Machine
- Principles of Crop Husbandry and Land Use
- Materials and Workshop Processes
- Construction and Maintenance of Agricultural Machines
- General Metal Work
- General Wood Work
- Building/Engineering Drawing.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- UNN requires five O’ level credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
- UNN requires ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
JAMB Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course.
Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Agriculture and Bio-Resources Engineering are Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
Direct Entry Requirement
You need the following to gain Direct Entry admission to study Agriculture and Bio-Resources Engineering if you don’t intend to use UTME.
- A’ level passes or equivalent in Physics and Mathematics.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNN for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have a minimum score of 200 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope that this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN). We will update this post if there are any changes by the school authority.
We wish you the best of luck.