This is to inform the general public and all postgraduate admission aspirants of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
That the management of the school has commenced the sale of her 2023/2024 postgraduate admission form for the [aca-_year] academic session.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programs.
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold first-degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnic or Monotechnic who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit.
Master’s Degree Programmes
The following may apply for admission into Master’s Programmes.
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 2.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 45% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
- Candidates are expected to have a minimum overall score of 60% for unclassified degrees.
- Holders of Postgraduate diplomas in the proposed field of study from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.00 and above (on a 5-point scale).
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degrees in the proposed field of study and under the advertised courses with an FCGPA of 3.20-3.49 (on a 5-point scale).
Doctor of Philosophy Programmes
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degrees in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use the FCGPA.
- For PhD in Clinical Oncology, candidates must have MBBS and MSc in related disciplines.
Choice of Supervisor
- Candidates are advised to go to this link to view Supervisors’ profiles and to choose a supervisor based on their area of speciality.
Minimum General Requirements
Candidates for any Postgraduate Programs must possess a minimum of five credits, including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or TC11(Faculty of Education only) .
UNIZIK Postgraduate Programmes Duration
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
- Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme lasts for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters.
- Part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Six (6) semesters.
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time Masters Degree programmes last for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
- The part-time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
- The Full-Time MPhil/PhD Programme is a minimum of two (2) Semesters and a maximum of three (3) Semesters.
- Part-Time Program minimum of three (3) Semesters and a maximum of four(4) Semesters.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
- Full-Time PhD programmes last for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- The part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters.
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form
The application form should be completed online by logging onto https://myedu.unizik.edu.ng
- Step 1: Click on Postgraduate School, then select ‘Generate Application form Invoice’
- Step 2: Fill out the Invoice generation form and click on ‘Generate invoice’
- Step 3: After generating the invoice, go to the bank and make the payment or click on Pay with Card to purchase the form with a Debit card.
- Step 4: Obtain your RRR, then revisit the Portal: myedu.unizik.edu.ng to complete the Application form.
- Step 5: Download and print your Acknowledgment Form and Transcript Request form to be sent to your former institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
Transcripts (hard or soft copies) should be sent to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies, no later than September 9, 2023, for Online programmes and December 8, 2023, for Full-Time and Part-Time programmes.
Soft copies of transcripts should be forwarded to email@example.com from institutional e-mail addresses only.
Applicants should include the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
PhD applicants, in submitting their forms, shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief Background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Application Process for the 2023/2024 Session
- The sale of forms begins on March 31, 2023
- Submission of Forms for Online programmes ends on August 31, 2023, and for Full-Time and Part-Time programmes, it ends on November 30, 2023.
- Applicants will be invited for Screening Test and Proposal Defense (PhD only) from September 12-15, 2023, for Online programmes, and December 12-15, 2023, for Full-Time and Part-Time programmes.
- In submitting their forms, PhD applicants shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages. (Visit https://unizik.edu.ng/phd-proposal-template/ for the proposal template).
UNIZIK 2023/2024 admission process offers aspiring students a chance to chase a career in the desired sector.
Apply now to secure your place in this esteemed institution’s various graduate and Certificate programs.
Please share this article with your friends.