The University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are fully-funded scholarships for excellent students applying for a Master’s or graduate programme (MSc) at the Host Institution, University of Twente in the Netherlands. Students are accepted regardless of whether they are from either EU/EEA or non-EU/EEA countries.
Note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
More Information on the scholarships
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 50
Target group: International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries (see the official website for complete list)
Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
The students receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
Below are more scholarships you might like:
To qualify for a UTS, all of the following requirements below must be true for candidates:
• Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first. Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente.
• You have been admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2022/2023 (September).
• You must have a student number.
• You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
• You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
• You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
• The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you must belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number. The deadline for Round 1 applications which opened on 15 October 2021 is 1 February 2022 while the deadline for Round 2 applications which opens on 1 February 2022 is 1 May 2022.
Click HERE for the KTH Scholarships.