This is to inform members of the public that the sale of Admission Forms into Pre-degree Programme of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2022/2023 Academic Session is on.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a one-year Pre-Degree Programme in the under listed Faculties in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2022/2023 academic year.
UNIUYO Available Pre-Degree Programmes.
A. Faculty of Agriculture
(i) Agricultural Economics & Extension
(ii) Animal Science
(iii) Crop Science
(iv) Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
(v) Food Science and Technology
(vi) Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
(vii) Home Economics
(viii) Soil Science & Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Science
(i) Animal Science and Environmental Biology
(iii) Botany and Ecological Studies
(v) Computer Science
C. Faculty of Education
Agricultural & Home Econs. Edu
- (i) Agricultural Education
- (ii) Home Economics Education
Industrial Technology Education
- (i) Computer Education
- (ii) Technical Education
- (i) Biology Education
- (ii) Chemistry Education
- (iii) Integrated Science Education
- (iv) Mathematics Education
- (v) Physics Education
Physical and Health Education
- (i) Health Education
- (ii) Physical Education
Early Childhood and Special Education
- (i) Pre-Primary/Primary Education (Science Component only)
Educational Tech. and Library Science
- (i) Educational Technology
- (ii) Library and Information Science (Science Component only)
(a) Admission into the Pre-Degree programme will be through a Computer Based Test (CBT)
(b) Candidates must possess credit passes in at least five (5) “O” level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for Agricultural Education and Agriculture candidates only), at not more than two sittings in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
(c) Candidates seeking admission into programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture should possess at least five (5) “O” Level Credit passes in NECO, WASC/GCE including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any one of Economics, Geography or Physics. At least a Pass in Physics is acceptable.
(d) Candidates for admission into Agricultural Education must possess five (5) “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics and any other subject.
(e) Candidates for admission into Home Economics Education should possess five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any other subject.
NOTE: JAMB score is not required for admission into this programme.
All successful candidates will be required to register for and take the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and must have a total score of not less than 180 in the relevant UTME subject combinations into programmes of their choices from the list provided in A to C above.
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N10,500.00 (ten thousand five hundred naira) only via Remita Payment Platform
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
1. Visit http://eportals,uniuyo.edu.ng or www.uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
2. Select Pre-Degree Link and Click on Create Account Link
3. Enter your details and click on Create Account Button
4. Click on Make Payment
5. Select Bank Option or Card Option
6. Click on Generate e-Invoice (Bank Option) or Online Payment (Card Option)
7. Click on Print e-Invoice (To generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number to make payment at any Bank Branch)
8. For card option, select the payment type and click pay. On the payment platform displayed, enter your card details and click the “Pay” button
9. After payment at the bank or via card, return to the portal and click on Login Form Link and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number generated, to complete your registration.
(i) The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the Screening Exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
(ii) No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
(iii) Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
(iv) The same procedure is used for payment of fees.
Closing Date for registration: Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
Date for the on-line screening exercise: The date will be communicated to candidates.
Candidates are advised to check on-line for information