This is to inform the general public and all University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) aspirants that the Department of Physical Education admission requirements have been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Physical Education include the following:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes/TC II merit passes, including English Language, Biology, or equivalent.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes /TC II merit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB
- English Language
- Biology and any two (2) relevant subjects
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfil to gain Direct Entry admission to study Physical Education if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social Work, or Health Administration with overall merit grades plus three (3) ‘O’ Level credit passes/TC II merit, which should include the English Language.
- NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a passing grade plus two (2) ‘O’ Level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- Registered Nurse plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 150 or above in your JAMB result.
Founded in 1975, the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is a second-generation Federal University with over 50,000 students in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region.
UNIPORT, formerly known as University College, Port Harcourt, was named one of the top ten universities in Africa and the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE), a UK-based source of higher education information.
The University has been recognized as one of the best institutions in Nigeria for studying business ethics and developing indigenous entrepreneurship.
We hope this article clarifies the requirements for admission to UNIPORT’s Department of Physical Education. To all students wishing to school at UNIPORT, RealMina says success to you all.