This article is designed to help students who wish to study Industrial Chemistry Faculty of Sciences in University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in University of Port-Harcourt to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The University of Port Harcourt is a university in the Nigerian city of Port Harcourt. It was established in 1975 as University College, Port Harcourt and was given University status in 1977. The University of Port Harcourt was ranked the sixth in Africa and the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education.
The University of Port Harcourt is a federal government owned university in Nigeria Located in rivers state, The university has a large student and staff population and we believe the student body is diverse. The university has students from different religions cultures and age brackets. The university is very cheap and offers tuition that can be affordable to every Nigeria. University of port Harcourt has offers various degree programs at various level in science, social sciences, engineering etc. The university has a library, hostels, roads, and other good infrastructure like college buildings etc.
To study Industrial Chemistry candidates must meet the following requirements.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Industrial Chemistry;
Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Agricultural Science.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) UI, BOWEN and UNIPORT – does not accept Agric Science. UNIPORT does not accept also Biology and requires Mathematics.
(2) MADONNA accepts a pass in English Language.
(3) MAUTECH accepts a pass in Biology.
(4) AJAYI accepts Geography in lieu of Physics and IMSU accepts a pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances.
(5) FED-OYEEKITI and CUAB does not accepts Agricultural Science.
(6) OAU accept any other subject in lieu of Biology and UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
(7) KASU does not accept Agricultural Science.
(8) EBSU requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
(9) FUTA requires five credit passes at NOT more than two sittings. The five subjects should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(10) BELLS requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Further Mathematics/Agricultural Science.
(11) REDEEMERS requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(12) RENAISSANCE requires five SSCE credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(13) BSU accepts passes in five (5) prescribed subjects in Preliminary Science of BSU in addition to minimum UTME score. Does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(14) UMYUK accepts Geography in place of Biology.
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Industrial Chemistry under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Chemistry, Mathematics and any of Physics/Biology/ Agricultural Science.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) BOWEN and UNIPORT do not accept Agric Science.
(2) OAU, UNIPORT, UNILORIN, EKSU, DELSU, EBSU, FUTO, BELLS, FUTA require Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
(3) AJAYI and UI require chemistry, Physics and Biology or Mathematics.
(4) UNIBEN requires chemistry, Physics, Biology or Mathematics.
(5) FED-OYEEKITI requires Chemistry or any two of Physics, Mathematics and Biology.
(6) WESTERN-DEL requires Chemistry and two of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
(7) UNIOSUN and EBSU require Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
(8) OSUSTECH requires Chemistry and any two of Physics, Mathematics and Biology/Agricultural Science.
(9) BSU requires Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Industrial Chemistry, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
(i) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Mathematics
(ii) ND in Science Technology or ND in relevant programmes with the UTME requirements
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) UNIPORT – No direct Entry.
(2) UNILORIN does not accept ND/HND but accepts NCE & IJMB ‘A’ level.
(3) DELSU and BOWEN accept ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one (1) from Physics or Mathematics.
(4) EKSU accepts ND upper credit in a relevant programme
(5) BOWEN same as in Biochemistry.
(6) UNILORIN accepts A’ level in Chemistry and Physics.
(7) UI do not accept ND/NCE.
(8) ESUT does not require a credit pass in Biology or Agric. Science.
(10) AJAYI requires A’ level passes in Biology and Chemistry or NCE in Chemistry and Physics plus UTME requirements.
(11) UNIBEN in addition to UTME requirements, accepts:
a) ND (Upper credit), HND (lower credit) in Polymer Chemistry or Science Laboratory Technology in relevant subjects.
b) NCE (Overall merit) with credit passes in Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics.
(12) EBSU accepts:
a) A good NCE or ND with at least 2.5 CGPA Advanced level passes in Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics or Physics.
b) HND with CGPA of not less than 2.5 can be admitted into 300 level.
In (A) and (B), candidates must have credit in SSCE/GCE/NECO O’ level in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
(13) AAUA accepts ND Upper Credit in Chemistry or other related Discipline.
(14) WESTERN-DEL accepts
(a) At least two passes at the GCE ‘A’ Level in Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics.
(b) ND/HND with at least lower credit pass in relevant Science Laboratory Technology (SLT), or Polymer Chemistry in the relevant subject area from a recognized Polytechnic. (c) NCE with at least a credit pass in Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics from a recognized College of Education. In addition, candidate should have an overall merit pass.
(15) UNILORIN does not accept Biology but requires ‘A’ level passes in Physics and Chemistry.
(16) WESLEY UNI accepts:
a) Two “A” level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology in that order.
b) Upper Credit passes in ND in addition to 5 Credits at WASC/GCE O’L / SSCE (or its equivalent).
(17) FUTA accepts ND at Upper Credit level in Science Technology, Food Science and Technology or Textile Technology in addition to the “O” level requirements or Two ‘A’ Level passes in at least two subjects which must include Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics and Biology.
(18) UNIOSUN accepts:
a) ‘A’ level passes in Biology, Geography and Physics in lieu of Mathematics.
b) ND with a minimum of Lower Credit and approved equivalents.
(19) CRAWFORD accepts Holders of ND (ND) certificate with minimum of upper credit pass are eligible for admission into year II (200 Level) provided that their programme cover certain basic courses offered in the school up to the second year. Holders of HND with minimum of lower credit pass are eligible for admission into year II depending on the appropriateness of their requisite academic preparation. Holder of two A ‘level subjects passes including Chemistry and one of Physics, Mathematics are also eligible for admission into year II (200 Level) programme in any of the Chemistry courses. In addition to fulfilling the requirements stated above, a holder of ND, HND or A’ level must also have five O’ level credit passes.
(20) FUTA accepts ND with a minimum of Upper Credit at the ND or equivalent in Science Laboratory Technology, Science Technology, Food Science and Technology or Textile Technology. Also, candidates with GCE ‘A’ Level passes in at least two subjects which must include Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics and Biology are eligible for admission.
(21) BELLS accepts:
a) Two A’ level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
b) ND/HND in related field plus UTME requirements.
(22) FED-OYEEKITI accepts A’ level pass in Physics or Biology.
(23) RENAISSANCE accepts candidates with ND at credit level from a recognized institutions.
(24) OSUSTECH requires:
a) Two A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics Mathematics or Biology in that order.
b) National Diploma (ND) with Distinction and Credit passes in relevant subjects.
(25) CALEB accepts ND at Credit level in Science Laboratory Technology or Sciences related studies may be considered for admission by direct entry provided they have the UME subjects at one sitting.
(26) UMYUK accepts ND/HND with Chemistry as major or its equivalent with a minimum of lower credit from a recognized institution. NCE Candidates must have Chemistry as major with any of Physics, Biology, Mathematics or other relevant subject or certificate from a recognized institution with a minimum score of 9 points. A level passes in Chemistry and any two (2) from Physics, Biology or Mathematics with a minimum score of 9 points.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) for the 2019/2020 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 180 or above in your JAMB result.