This article is designed to help students who wish to study Animal Science Faculty of Agriculture in University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in University of Port-Harcourt to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The University of Port Harcourt is a university in the Nigerian city of Port Harcourt. It was established in 1975 as University College, Port Harcourt and was given University status in 1977. The University of Port Harcourt was ranked the sixth in Africa and the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education.
The University of Port Harcourt is a federal government owned university in Nigeria Located in rivers state, The university has a large student and staff population and we believe the student body is diverse. The university has students from different religions cultures and age brackets. The university is very cheap and offers tuition that can be affordable to every Nigeria. University of port Harcourt has offers various degree programs at various level in science, social sciences, engineering etc. The university has a library, hostels, roads, and other good infrastructure like college buildings etc.
To study Animal Science candidates must meet the following requirements.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Animal Science;
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agric Science and one of Physics, Geography or Economics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS
(1) UNIBEN accepts Statistics and Further Mathematics. Also requires at least a pass in Physics and a pass in Biology for candidates with a credit pass in Agric. Science.
(2) UNN accepts five O ’level credit passes in subjects which must include English Lang., Biology/or Agric. Science, chemistry and either mathematics or physics.
(3) UNIBADAN requires five credit passes including Language, Biology,/Agric Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one of
Geography, Physics, and Economics.
(4) RSUST requires at least a pass in Physics.
(5) UNICAL accepts Geography and Economics.
(6) IMSU, ESUT, DELSU & RSUST accept a pass in English.
(7) UNICAL requires a credit pass in Physics.
(8) RSUST – requires credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(9) ESUT accepts a pass in Physics and a credit pass in Mathematics.
(10)UNIPORT accepts any of Physics, Geography and Economics.
(11) FUTO requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Economics. It accepts a Pass in Physics in not more than two sittings.
(12) UNAAB requires:
a) Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
b) At least a pass in Physics.
c) Candidates with pass grade in Biology must possess credit pass in Agricultural Science. It does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(13) UNIOSUN requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes in the SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings in addition to an acceptable credit pass in the UTME.
(14)EBSU requires at least a pass in Physics.
(15) TASU and ABSU require five SSCE credit passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agric. Science, Physics and English Language. TASU accepts a pass in Physics.
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Animal Science under the Faculty of Agriculture in the above Universities include;
Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics/Physics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS
(1)UNIOSUN requires Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and any other science subjects.
(2) FUAM requires five (5) credits passes in SC/WASC/NECO/GCE 0′ Level (at not more than two sittings) including the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any other subject. At least a pass in Physics is required. A credit in Agricultural Science must be backed with at least a pass in Biology. A pass in English Language is acceptable if high grades are scored in the Science subject.
(3) UNICAL requires Mathematics or Physics.
(4) RSUST requires Agricultural Science or Biology.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Animal Science, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes or equivalent in Chemistry and one of Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agric Science/Geography/Geology/
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS
(1) OAU and ABSU accept HND at (Upper Credit) into 200 level. OAU does not accept Geography, Geology and Economics.
(2) UNICAL accepts:
a) two ‘A’ level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology / Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science/ Geography /Geology /Economics and Mathematics.
b) HND, OND/NCE at merit level but does not accept IJMB and accepts at least a pass in Physics.
(3) UNIBEN accepts Merit in ND (Upper credit)/HND (Lower credit) in any one of Agric- Economics, Agric-Ext., and Cooperatives, Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife Mgt., Geology, Advanced Microbiology, Food and Brewing Sc., Science Lab. Tech. plus UTME requirements. NCE in Agric. Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (overall merit pass) plus UTME requirements. Does not accept ‘A’ level pass in Health Science.
(4) UNN accepts:
a) Two ‘A’ level passes (London/Cambridge/ Cameroon) (in Chemistry and any of Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science. Economics, Physics Geography/Geology, Mathematics (Pure & Applied) in addition to UTME entry requirements.
b) OND/NCE/HND and Degree holders in Agricultural Science/Animal Health and related fields with a minimum of Lower Credit (Merit) in addition to UTME Entry requirements
(5) DELSU accepts Upper credit only. DELSU also accepts NCE (Credit) in Agric Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics
(6) UNIMAID accepts NCE/ND/HND in relevant fields.
(7) IMSU accepts OND(credit) in related Discipline and HND with at least a credit level pass into 200 level.
(8) UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
(9) FUTO requires at least two A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Economics. It also accepts Upper Credit OND/HND in Agricultural Science but does not accept First Degree and NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the UTME O’ level requirements.
(10) RSUST requires HSC/GCE A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology including English Language, ND/UD (upper credit) in Biology or Agricultural Science for admission to 200 level or HND (credit) in Biology or Agricultural Science for admission to 200 or 300 levels respectively in addition to UTME requirement.
(11) UNAAB accepts:
a) Two A’ level credit passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Mathematics or Physics.
b) ND/HND (Upper credit) in Agriculture from a recognized institution in any one of Animal Sciences, Animal Production and Health, Husbandry, Agric-Economics, Fisheries and Forestry and Wildlife Management plus UTME requirements.
c) NCE in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (credit) plus UTME requirements.
(12) FUAM accepts
– Candidates who met UTME requirements, plus ND at lower credit pass (Agric. Or Animal Production and Health) or National Certificate of Education (NCE) merit pass (Agric. Science or Animal Science major) may be admitted to 100 level.
– Candidates with a minimum of upper credit pass (Agric. Or Animal Production and Health) may be admitted to 200 level).
– Candidates with UTME requirements, plus NCE, with minimum of credit pass (Agric. Science or Animal Science Major) may be admitted to 200 levels.)
– Candidates with UTME requirements, plus HND, with upper credit pass (Agriculture or Animal Production and Health) may be admitted to 300 level.
(13) UNICAL accepts HND (credit), OND/NCE (merit) in Agricultural Science or related fields.
(14) TASU accepts National Diploma in Animal Production and health or any other field with animal science related options with a minimum of lower credit pass in addition to UTME requirements.
(15) EBSU accepts
(a) NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects.
(b) HND and ND with minimum of upper credit in relevant programs.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) for the 2019/2020 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 180 or above in your JAMB result.