The School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS), University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, has begun accepting applications for admission into its Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- To be eligible for the M.Sc. degree programme, applicants should be graduates of UNIMED, Ondo, or another university recognized by the UNIMED Senate.
- They should hold a minimum of a Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline.
- Candidates with a Third Class Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) with Upper Credit and a PGD with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a related discipline may also be considered.
- Non-UNIMED graduates may need to satisfy additional departmental requirements for admission via an examination/interview or both.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
PhD applicants should either:
- Possess an M.Phil. with a research thesis in one of the recognized areas of specialization.
- Hold an M.Sc. degree in Biological Sciences, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry with a minimum weighted average of 60%.
- Like M.Sc. applicants, non-UNIMED graduates may need to satisfy additional departmental requirements for admission via an interview/examination or both.
General Requirements for all UNIMED Postgraduate Programmes:
All interested candidates should fill out the university online application form and upload all necessary materials, such as
- Transcripts of study,
- Certificates of degrees and diplomas,
- Three letters of recommendation,
- A 500-word statement of intent in the desired field of study.
All programmes at the University require O’ Level Credit pass in Mathematics and English Language and three other credits in relevant subjects. Nigerian citizens must also provide the NYSC discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate.
Each candidate should ask their previous institution(s) to send the Dean, Postgraduate School, and their official academic transcript(s). Only those applicants whose transcripts have been received will be admitted.
Duration of the Postgraduate Programmes
The Master’s programmes at UNIMED have a minimum duration of three academic semesters (18 calendar months) and a maximum of five academic semesters.
However, some programmes may extend to a minimum of four academic semesters (24 calendar months) and a maximum of six academic semesters.
PhD programmes have a minimum duration of six academic semesters (36 calendar months) and a maximum of eight academic semesters.
How to Apply for UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Form
Eligible candidates should log on to the university website.
The following steps should be taken:
- Click on ‘Admission’
- Click on ‘Postgraduate School’
- Candidates will be directed to https://www.spgs.unimed.edu.ng/
- Click on ‘Student’s Portal
- On the dropdown list, click ‘PAYMENT’ to pay via VISA or MASTER card. Note that a VERVE card is not allowed.
- After payment, print the payment receipt.
- Click on ‘Student Portal’, and on the dropdown list, choose ‘Application Login’ – https://www.spgs.unimed.edu.ng/spgslogin.php; your payment Transaction ID is your password.
- Completed forms and all relevant documents should be submitted by the 29th of September, 2023.
For those seeking to further their education at the postgraduate level, this is a golden opportunity at UNIMED, Ondo.
Make sure to prepare all necessary documents and meet all criteria to enhance your chances of admission.
Please share this article with your friends.