UNIMAID Cut-Off Marks for Admission 2022/2023 academic session has been released: The University of Maiduguri UNIMAID cut-off mark is based on merit and catchment area benefits.
The new cut-off mark is for all 2022 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Candidates who sat for the just-concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
UNIMAID 2022/2023 Cut off Mark
Following the scrapping out of post UTME by the federal government, the Joints Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had given a benchmark of 160 and above for candidates applying for Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education.
Hitherto, the University of Maiduguri has followed suit in the 160 general cut-off mark of JAMB.
You might ask questions like: I had 160 and above but was not still given the admission to study my desired course?
Candidates with higher scores are first considered; in admission basics, candidates with lower scores though might meet the cut-off mark of 160 may likely not be admitted. In fact, it is the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
UNIMAID 2022/2023 Departmental Cut-off Mark
The University of Maiduguri does not really have a specific cut-off mark for courses.
However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 160 in the UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study at the University of Maiduguri, the admission process is competitive and admission is given based on JAMB score and O level grades.
Below are courses offered at the university as well as their cut-off marks;
- 220 – 240 – Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 200 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology
- 190 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 160 – All other courses
Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses; have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the jamb brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
UNIMAID 2022/2023 Nature of Admission Screening
The University of Maiduguri holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases.
Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed with the pre-screening exercise when once it is announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are SSCE result and JAMB registration printout only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early.
Candidates will be screened on the JAMB scores and their SSCE results.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released.
Candidates who have merited admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here are all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates). N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status slip.
UNIMAID Address and Locations
The University of Maiduguri is located in the heart of the town of Borno State, Bama – Maiduguri Road, Nigeria.