The University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) in Kwara State, Nigeria, has officially announced that the post of Bursar will be vacant effective from 1st November, 2023.
Following Act No. 25 of 1996’s amendment to Act No. 11 of 1993’s Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act of 2012.
The institution has started the process of appointing a new Bursar in this regard.
Applications are now open for the role, and the university is actively seeking suitably qualified applicants to apply.
The Role and Duties
The Bursar, who will serve as the University’s Chief Financial Officer, will have direct responsibility to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration and control of the institution’s financial affairs on a day-to-day basis.
The selected candidate will also provide crucial advice and support to the University Management on all financial transactions, including investments.
Eligible candidates must hold an honours degree from a recognized university in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
Applicants should also have membership in at least one of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), England, Wales, Scotland, or Ireland
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (C.P.A.)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA)
Applicants should be in good health, possess sound judgment, have a pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity, and be proficient in I.C.T.
Candidates should have served at a level of Deputy Bursar in a University for at least five (5) years and should not be older than 60 years at the date of appointment.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
The Federal Government of Nigeria and the University of Ilorin Governing Council have authorized the pay and other terms of service for the position, which is for a single term of five (5) years.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates who are interested are required to submit 25 copies of their CVs and applications to the Registrar.
The Curriculum Vitae should include the following information in the specified order:
- Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- State of Origin/L.G.A.:
- Permanent Home Address:
- Current Postal Address:
- E-mail Address and Phone Number:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children (with Names and Ages):
- Institutions Attended (with Dates):
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (with Dates):
- Distinctions, Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies (with Dates):
- Working Experience with Evidence (General and Specific with Dates):
- Present Employment, Status, Salary & Employer:
- Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Any Other Relevant Information
- Three references, two of whom must be professionals or authorities in university administration and one of whom must be from the applicant’s current place of employment, with their names and addresses.
Applications and CV, clearly marked “Application for the Post of Bursar”, should be forwarded in a sealed envelope to the Registrar, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin, Kwara State, six (6) weeks from the date of publication latest.
Each applicant should request their referees to send their report, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar, marked “Referee’s Report for the post of Bursar”.
The University of Ilorin will then invite only shortlisted applicants for the interview.
Take advantage of this chance to begin a journey with UNILORIN and unlock your full potential.
Please share this article with your friends.