The Management of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), School of Postgraduate Studies, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission.
The admission is into the various Postgraduate programs offered by the institution for the 2023/2024 academic session on a full-time and Part-Time basis.
Ensure that the programme you wish to apply for is available before proceeding. You will only be able to apply for programmes published by the university.
Application fees may not be refunded if you make payment and the programme you wish to apply for is not on the list.
Before you proceed, check the list of UNILAG Postgraduate COURSES.
UNILAG Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes.
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. LL.M, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., etc.).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. EMBA, LLS, MAG, MARPM, MBA, MBF, MCM, MCrim, MDF, MDM, MDR, MDSS, MEM, MESM, MFM, MGIS, MHDM, MHyS, MILD, MILR, MLA, MMAM, MMP, MPA, MPE, MPH, MPIA, MPM, MRM, MRPP, MSEM, MSIS , MTL, MTPM, MTTFL, MUD, MULTP, etc.).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes.
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full Time, Part Time, Executive, Sandwich, and Open Distance Learning (ODL) options as applicable.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission | General Requirements
General Requirements PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
- Must possess a Bachelors’s degree from this University or any approved University;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by the senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of a Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
General Requirements for M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
- Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of at least 3.50.
- All candidates for the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for the availability of supervisors before applying.
- The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
- All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTER’S DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT THE MASTER’S LEVEL.
How to Obtain UNILAG Postgraduate Form
The sale of Application Forms commences on Monday, 2nd May and ends on Sunday, 21st August 2023 (16 Weeks).
Completed Application Forms are to be submitted ONLINE not later than Sunday, 28th August 2023.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2023/2024 Applications link
- Confirm availability and your eligibility for the desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the non-refundable fee of N30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira Only) for the Form and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment: Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2023/2024 Application link, then the “Continue Application” link, log in with Payment Reference Number, and provide your surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the Application form and upload a digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm and height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
- Click the “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct; else, click the the DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CONCLUDE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETELY FILLED THE FORM. PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE).
- Kindly note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read the requirements for their desired programmes carefully to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes or Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload EVERY credential listed on the application form for the admission such as (a) Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) (b) NYSC certificates (c) Professional Certificates
- All academic transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of the registration/screening exercise.
- All M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Applicants are advised to visit the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies (Http://Spgs.Unilag.Edu.Ng) regularly on the dates for the Qualifying Examination / Interviews and any additional information.
Dates for ONLINE Qualifying Examinations and any additional information will be advertised and provided on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng.
For further enquiries, contact through the following:
Telephone lines are provided at http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
UNILAG looks forward to welcoming qualified candidates into its large range of postgraduate programs.
Please share this article with your friends.