The University of Lagos (UNILAG) has commenced its Design Studio RICE360 Summer Internship Programme.
The UNILAG Design Studio is the result of a partnership between the University of Lagos and the RICE360 Institute for Global Health Technologies in Houston, Texas.
The Design Studio will serve as a hub for developing the next generation of innovators from the University community and the general public.
The studio’s primary goal is to provide easy access to cutting-edge specialized equipment and other relevant resources for innovation.
Furthermore, the Studio space is designed to provide a conducive environment for young talents to develop indigenous solutions using locally sourced materials.
The RICE360 annual summer internship is focused on mobilizing teams to work towards impacting global health through collaborative team-based projects.
Interns will use the engineering design process to explore Healthcare solutions in collaboration with mentors representing a diverse range of Global Health expertise.
UNILAG Design Studio RICE360 Summer Internship Eligibility
- Undergraduate / Graduate Student / Tech-enthusiast from the University of Lagos or other institutions in Nigeria (Preferably, applicants with Engineering / Sciences / Medical Sciences / Business background)
- Healthcare Innovation experience, Hands-on technical & entrepreneurial skills, a flair for technology-based innovation, Creativity Acumen, Critical Thinking, and Problem-Solving Mentality.
- Applicant(s) must be available full-time from October to November 2022.
Applicant(s) must have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Technical (Rapid Prototyping with 3D Printer, CNC, Laser Cutting, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Electronic Circuit Designs, Programming, I.C.T., AI Solutions Development, Mechanical Fabrication, Project Management, etc.)
- Innovation: Healthcare Innovation experience, a flair for technology-based innovation, Creativity Acumen, Critical thinking, and Problem-solving mentality
- Entrepreneurship: Business orientation and start-up development, marketing and idea pitching concepts, customer engagement and interactions, e.t.c.
How to Apply for UNILAG Design Studio RICE360 Summer Internship Programme
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
For further details, please:
- Visit the 3rd floor, Systems Engineering Building, Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
- Call +2349068234368 or +2349055891717
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Female applicants are highly encouraged