This is to notify the general public and all aspiring students of the University of Jos, (UNIJOS) that the Department of Fine/Applied Art admission requirements has been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Fine/Applied Art include the following:
- Five (5) SSCE passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Fine Arts, and two (2) other social science subjects. Mathematics, Arts, and one Social Science subject.
- For NTC, the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall Handling, and Colour Mixing/ For NTC, the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall Handling, Colour Mixing/Matching, and Glazing; Graphic Painting; Ceramics; Basic Electricity; Building/Engineering Drawing.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB.
- English Language.
- Fine Art/Physics
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Fine/Applied Art if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Fine Arts/Technical Drawing and any one of Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Biology, Physics, or Chemistry.
- ND/HND credit in Fine Arts.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level GCE/IJMB passes of which one must be in Fine Arts or Technical Drawing.
- NCE lower credit, ND lower credit in Fine Arts from a recognized institution.
- Any other relevant qualifications may be considered.
- A portfolio assessment may be required. However, candidates must also satisfy the minimum ‘O’ level entry requirements.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIJOS for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have a score of a minimum of 180 or above in your JAMB result.
UNIJOS, which was officially established as a Federal Government-University by the Federal Government in 1975, has since evolved into an innovative institution charged with fashioning tastes and attitudes for the future.
The University of Jos strives to maintain its reputation as a globally ranked university that provides an excellent educational experience with a significant societal impact.
UNIJOS, a renowned academic institution, has over 12 faculties offering relevant and relatable courses in a variety of disciplines.
We hope this article has clarified the admission requirements for the Department of Fine/Applied Art at UNIJOS. RealMina wishes all students who wish to attend UNIJOS the best of luck.