This is to inform the general public and all aspiring students of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) that the admission requirements for the Department of Taxation have been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
About the University of Benin
The University of Benin is a federal government-owned university funded and managed by the federal government of Nigeria. The university was founded in 1970. University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a research university located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
The university is one of the oldest in Nigeria and has a large student and staff population. Resulting in a student-staff ratio of about 10:1.
The University has a diverse student population with students from different parts of the country and age brackets. The University of Benin courses cut across various levels in agriculture, science, etc.
University of Benin admission is extremely competitive as Many candidates apply for admission into the university annually. University of Benin’s school fees are also very affordable, and it provides its students with facilities and infrastructure. They have good hostels, roads, electricity, etc.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has accredited faculties and departments in the university.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Taxation include the following:
- Five (5) SSCE credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and two (2) other relevant subjects
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB
- English Language
- Literature in English
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfil to gain Direct Entry admission to study Taxation if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Accounting or Economics and one other subject.
- NCE merit in relevant subjects.
- ND credit.
- Foundation International exams such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, and GPFA.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
UNIBEN – in addition to the UTME requirements, requires:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes, including Economics
- ND upper credit in Accounting, Business Studies, or Financial Studies
- HND lower credit in Accounting, Financial Studies, Business Studies, or Banking and Finance
- NCE merit with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Economics or Business Studies
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIBEN for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 200 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope this article clarifies the admission requirements for UNIBEN’s Department of Taxation. RealMina wishes good luck to all students who wish to attend UNIBEN.