This article is designed to help students who wish to study Education and Religious Studies under the Faculty of Education in University of Benin as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in UNIBEN to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
University of Benin is a federal government owned university, funded and managed by the federal government of Nigeria. The university was founded in 1970. University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a research university located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. The university is one of the oldest in Nigeria and has a very large student and staff population. Resulting in a student staff ratio of about 10:1.The University has a diverse student population with student from different parts of the country and different age brackets. University of Benin courses cut across various levels in agriculture, science, etc. university of Benin admission is extremely competitive as Many candidates apply for admission into the university annually. University of Benin school fees is also very affordable and it provides its students with facilities and infrastructure, they have good hostels, roads electricity etc.The National Universities Commission (NUC) has accredited faculties and departments in the university.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Education and Religious Studies;
Five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes or TC II merit in five (5) subjects including English Language, Religious Studies and three (3) other Arts subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. ABU accepts one (1)other Social Science subject in lieu of an Art subject.
2. CALABAR requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language, Religious Studies and three (3) other Arts subjects. It accepts ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
3. OAU require five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes or TC II merits including English Language, Christian Religious Studies and three (3)other relevant subjects.
4. EBSU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies at not more than two (2) sittings.
5. AAUA requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, CRS/IRS, History/Government and any one (1) Arts subject.
6. DELSU requires five ‘O’ Level credit including English Language, Mathematics and Religious Studies and any two (2) of Arts/Social Science
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Education and Religious Studies under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Two (2) Arts subject including Religious studies and one (1) other subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. OAU requires Religious Studies and any two(2) of History, Yoruba, Music, French, Fine Arts, Literature in English and Government.
2. EBSU and CALABAR require Christian Religious Studies and two (2) other Arts subjects.
3. DELSU requires CRS and any two (2) of Arts, Social Science subjects.
4. AAUA requires History/Government, CRS/IRS, and any other Arts subject
5. BENIN accepts any three (3) subjects.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Education and Religious Studies, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in Religious Studies and one (1) other Arts subject.
1. UNN accept NCE credit in Christian Religious Studies into 300 level.
2. ABU accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in Christian Religious Studies and Education
3. CALABAR accepts NCE merit or credit in Christian Religious Studies
5. EBSU accepts
a) HND and NCE/OND with minimum of Merit and Upper credit respectively.
b) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies.
6, DELSU requires;
a) At least NCE merit passes in Religious Studies and any other Arts/Social Science subject
c) Merit in DELSU Diploma in Religious Studies.
d) Direct Entry, Diploma of Theology from recognized seminary may be accepted
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIBEN for the 2019/2020 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 200 or above in your JAMB result.