This article is designed to help students who wish to study Adult Education / English Literature under the Faculty of Education at the University of Benin.
It is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in uniben to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
About the University of Benin
The University of Benin is a federal government-owned university funded and managed by the federal government of Nigeria. The university was founded in 1970. University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a research university located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
The university is one of the oldest in Nigeria and has a large student and staff population. Resulting in a student-staff ratio of about 10:1.
The University has a diverse student population with students from different parts of the country and age brackets. The University of Benin courses cut across various levels in agriculture, science, etc.
University of Benin admission is extremely competitive as Many candidates apply for admission into the university annually. University of Benin’s school fees are also very affordable, and it provides its students with facilities and infrastructure. They have good hostels, roads, electricity, etc.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has accredited faculties and departments in the university.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Adult Education / English Literature; You require;
Five ‘SSCE credits, including English and Mathematics or TC II, with a pass in English and at least 4 other subjects.
Three of Literature in English, History, French, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, CRK, Islamic Studies, Geography/Physics, Economics, Government, and Mathematics
Jamb Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Adult Education / English Literature under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Government/History, one Social Science subject, and any other subject.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- Adult Education Professional requires any three subjects chosen from Arts or social sciences.
- For Adult Education, Economics and Statistics require Economics, Mathematics, and another Art or Social Science subject.
- For Adult Education, English and Literature require Literature in English, one Art subject, and any other subject.
- For Adult Education, Geography and Regional Planning require Geography, one Social Science subject, and any other subject.
- For Adult Education, Political Science and Public Administration require Government or History, one Social Science Subject, and any other subject.
- UNIBEN accepts ‘A’ level subjects in relevant Arts and Social Science subjects plus 3 O/Level passes, including the English Language, one sitting.
- UNIBEN requires:
- 2/3 NCE merit passes plus 3/2 O/Level credit passes, including the English Language one sitting.
- ND (Upper Credit) in any areas listed in (ii) plus 3 ‘O’ level credit passes, including the English Language one sitting.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Adult Education / English Literature if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
(i) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes. (ii) NCE merit in two (2) subjects.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIBEN for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 200 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of the University of Benin (UNIBEN). We will update this post if there are any changes by the school authority.
We wish you the best of luck.