This article is designed to help students who wish to study Adult Education / English Literature under the Faculty of Education at the University of Benin.
It is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in uniben to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The University of Benin is a federal government-owned university, funded and managed by the federal government of Nigeria. The university was founded in 1970. University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a research university located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Adult Education / English Literature; You require;
Five ‘SSCE credits including English and Mathematics or TC II with a pass in English and at least 4 other subjects.
Three of Literature in English, History, French, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, CRK, Islamic Studies, Geography/Physics, Economics Government, and Mathematics
Jamb Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Adult Education / English Literature under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Government/History, one Social Science subject, and any other subject.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- For Adult Education Professional requires any three subjects chosen from Arts or social sciences.
- For Adult Education Economics and Statistics requires Economics, Mathematics, and one other Art or Social Science subject.
- For Adult Education English and Literature require Literature in English, one Art subject, and any other subject.
- For Adult Education Geography and Regional Planning require Geography, one Social Science subject, and any other subject.
- For Adult Education Political Science and Public Administration require Government or History, one Social Science Subject, and any other subject
- UNIBEN accepts ‘A’ level subjects in relevant Arts and Social Science subjects plus 3 O/Level passes including the English Language one sitting.
- UNIBEN requires:
- 2/3 NCE merit passes plus 3/2 O/Level credit passes including the English Language one sitting.
- ND (Upper Credit) in any of the areas listed in (ii) plus 3 ‘O’ level credit passes including the English Language one sitting.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Adult Education / English Literature if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
(i) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes. (ii) NCE merit in two (2) subjects.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIBEN for the 2022/2023 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 200 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope that this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of the University of Benin, (UNIBEN) We will update this post if there are any changes by the school authority.
We wish you the best of luck.