This article is designed to help students who wish to study Adult Education under the Faculty of Education in University of Benin as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in UNIBEN to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
University of Benin is a federal government owned university, funded and managed by the federal government of Nigeria. The university was founded in 1970. University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a research university located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. The university is one of the oldest in Nigeria and has a very large student and staff population. Resulting in a student staff ratio of about 10:1.The University has a diverse student population with student from different parts of the country and different age brackets. University of Benin courses cut across various levels in agriculture, science, etc. university of Benin admission is extremely competitive as Many candidates apply for admission into the university annually. University of Benin school fees is also very affordable and it provides its students with facilities and infrastructure, they have good hostels, roads electricity etc.The National Universities Commission (NUC) has accredited faculties and departments in the university.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Adult Education;
You require;Five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) of Literature in English, History, French, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Geography/Physics, Economics and Government or TC II with pass in English Language and four (4) other subjects.
1. ESUT does not insist on Mathematics.
2. UI – requires 5 credits at one sitting to include English Language.
3. UNIPORT requires five O’ level credit pass in English Language, the teaching subject and any other three.
4. UNILAG requires five ‘O’ level credits in English Language, Mathematics and any two of CRK/IRK, French, Yoruba/Igbo, History/Government, Geography, Economics and French,.
5. UNICAL requires credit pass in English Language and a pass in Mathematics.
6. UNN requires as follows:
(a) Candidates seeking entry into the four-year degree programme must satisfy the minimum University entry requirements which stipulates a minimum of five credit passes at the GCE O’ level or SSCE in English Language and a Science subject in addition to any three other relevant subjects.
(b) Candidates seeking entry into any of the six specialized areas of the combination in the Arts and Social Sciences must meet the University minimum entry requirements in addition to the entry requirements of the department into which they are seeking combination.
7. AAU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other relevant subjects.
8. TASUED requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one (1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes at two (2) sittings to include English Language and other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences. ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics is also required
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Adult Education under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Government/History, one (1) Social Science subject and any other subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UNILAG accepts any three of Literature in English, History/Government, French, Geography, Math, Yoruba/Igbo, CRK/IRS, Economics, and Commerce.
2. UNICAL same as in Education Arts or Social Sciences.
3. UNN requires :
(a) For the three professional Adult Education options candidates seeking entry into the four-year degree programme must take English Language and any other three subjects in arts and Science as their choice may be.
(b) For those combining Adult Education with English, their UME subjects must include English Language, Literature and any other arts Subjects.
For other combinations, English plus any other Arts or Science subjects related to one’s choice of combination.
4. UNIBEN required:
a. For Adult Education Professional requires any three subjects chosen from Arts or social sciences.
b. For Adult Education Economics and Statistics requires Economics, Mathematics and one other Art or Social Science subject.
c. For Adult Education English and Literature requires Literature in English, one Art subject and any other subject.
d. For Adult Education Geography and Regional Planning requires Geography, one social Science subject and any other subject.
e. For Adult Education Political Science and Public Administration requires Government or History, one Social Science Subject and any other subject.
5. TASUED accepts any three (3) subjects.
6. UNIMAID requires any three (3) subjects
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Adult Education, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
(i) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes.
(ii) NCE merit in two (2) subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UNIPORT – For Adult and Non-Formal Education accepts Two (2) Advanced level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in the relevant subjects in addition to UTME entry requirements. NCE with Credit Passes in the relevant subjects from recognized Institutions in addition to UTME entry requirements. Diploma in Adult Education, Community Development, Social Welfare, Religion, Health and Physical Education at credit level in addition to UTME entry requirements.
2. UI – does not accept TC II after 1981. Also requires a credit in Mathematics for all Science based combinations and Economics while ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics is required for social Sciences.
3. UNN accepts:
(a) Candidates who passed at the Advanced level in the GCE or at the principal level in the HSC in at least two subjects including that to be combined with Adult Education.
(b) Candidates with ND at Distinction, credit, or merit levels in other disciplines not related to Adult Education who possess UNN minimum Entry requirements plus a credit in any related Science or Arts subjects for Direct Entry four-year programme.
4. UNIBEN accepts ‘A’ level subjects in relevant Arts and Social Science subjects plus 3 O/Level passes including English Language at one sitting.
5. UNIMAID accepts ND/HND at credit level.
6. UNILAG accepts;
(a) Accepts very good passes in three JUPEB subjects: Lit-in English, Economics, CRS/IRS, Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, Geography, Mathematics and French.
(b) Requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from English, History, French, Geography, Mathematics, CRS/IRS, Yoruba/Igbo, Economics, and Government.
(c) NCE: English, History, French, Geography, Mathematics, CRS/IRS, Yoruba/Igbo, Economics, and Government.
(d) Candidates must satisfy O/Level requirement.
7. UNIBEN requires:
(a) 2/3 NCE merit passes plus 3/2 O/Level credit passes including English Language at one sitting.
(b) ND (Upper Credit) in any of the areas listed in (ii) plus 3 ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language at one sitting.
8. NDU – Same as Vocational and Technical Education.
9. TASUED requires; a) At least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE Merit or a Diploma in Adult Education and relevant teaching subjects from recognised institutions with upper credit. b) OND/HND with upper credit.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIBEN for the 2019/2020 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 200 or above in your JAMB result.