The Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU), Katsina, admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out.
The report reaching our desk at realmina.com carries that Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU), Katsina Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) screening exercise application form for the 2022/2023 academic year is out.
The School of Basic and Remedial Studies (SBRS), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into any of the following programmes:
- Remedial Programmes (Science, Social Science and Arts)
- IJMBE Programmes (Science, Social Science and Arts)
UMYU Remedial Admission Requirements
- Candidates applying for Remedial Programme must possess at least three (3)Credits in Science, Arts & Social Science subjects and any two (2) relevant Passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the School at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Physics
- Arabic, French, Hausa, History, Islamic Studies & Literature in English
- Accounting, Civic Education, Commerce, Economics & Government
- General Subjects: English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates admitted for the Remedial programme MUST register and pass WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, OR NBAIS Exams at Credit level in the subjects they are deficient.
- Candidates applying for the Remedial programme MUST also register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the University and MUST choose Umaru Musa Yar’adua University as their 1st choice. The Duration of the Programme is one year.
UMYU IJMB Admission Requirements
Candidates applying for IJMBE Programme MUST possess at least five (5) ‘O’ level Credits in three (3) Basic Science, Arts and Social Science Subjects, plus English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two (2) Sittings.
For candidates from educationally less developed states (ELDS) in Nigeria, deficiency is allowed for English. The deficiency, however, must be remedied before the end of the IJMBE Programme. The Duration of the Programme is one year (See the appendix below)
- IJMBE Science Subjects: Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics & Physics
- IJMBE Arts Subjects: Arabic, French, Hausa, History, Islamic Studies & Literature in English
- IJMBE Social Science Subjects: Accounting, Business Management, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Government & Sociology
All registered IJMBE candidates MUST also register for JAMB Direct Entry (DE) Admissions. The Duration of the Programme is one year.
How to Apply For UMYU Remedial/IJMB Admission Form
Interested candidates are required to follow the procedures below:
- Log onto https://collegeportal.umyu.edu.ng/rem/applicant/index/ and create a profile.
- Make a payment of the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000) only and obtain a payment slip. This covers the cost of the form and online screening.
- Fill in the online application form(s)