This article is for those seeking to apply for a Ukraine student visa. Ukraine student visas are issued to those who intend to study in Ukraine and have been offered admission to a university in Ukraine.
Ukraine is also home to over 800 institutes of higher education and has a varied economy. This is concentrated mostly in and around big cities such as Kiev, Zaprozhye, Dnepropertrovsk, Lviv and Odesa.
It also has significantly lower tuition fees than many countries, both in Europe and worldwide. So, whether you’re a history lover, nature lover, or a future entrepreneur, opportunities to study in Ukraine could be just what you’re looking for. You have not made a wrong choice studying in Ukraine.
Basic Requirements for Ukraine Student Visa
1. Passport with an expiry date of at least 6 months after your study time and at least 3 blank pages and photocopy of the first page of the passport.
2. Visa application form, printed or written in block letters. You must fill it out carefully, clearly, and precisely. You also have to sign it yourself.
3. Two recent color pictures against the white background (30x40mm).
4. Original birth certificate and a copy legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. Original invitation and photocopy. When you receive an invitation, make sure there are no mistakes and errors in your name, date of birth, and passport number should be identical to those indicated in the passport you submit for the visa.
6. Original school-leaving certificate of secondary school (college) record with an enclosed statement of results (transcript of marks received) and their copies legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country.
7. Medical certificate of general fitness legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A medical certificate is valid for TWO MONTHS, which means an applicant has to enroll in his/her institution within two months of the medical certificate being issued. The embassy translates the document into Ukrainian and legalizes it.
Results of HIV/AIDS test legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The embassy translates the document into Ukrainian and legalizes it.
8. Ticket reservation for Ukraine with an open return date. Do not purchase a ticket till your Ukraine student Visa is approved.
9. Original of a sponsorship letter in the form of a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline, and mobile telephone number, e-mail (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses of an applicant.
10. Original of recent bank statements of a sponsor (for the past six months and should be personal, not a company account). The minimum amount should be sufficient to cover all applicant’s expenses during his/her first year in Ukraine (tuition fees and daily expenses).
11. Receipt of payment of visa fees (85 USD).
12. The insurance policy is valid for one month, starting while entering the territory of Ukraine.
The above documents should be translated into Ukrainian or Russian languages and legalized by your country’s ministry of foreign affairs before applying to the embassy.
How to apply for Ukraine student visa from Nigeria
A person who can apply for a student visa must have been offered admission from a school in Ukraine.
After that, applicants are expected to submit all documents, including the original invitation letter from the University.
Take documents to Ukraine embassy at the address below to begin the application process. You are advised to start your application a month before the resumption date of your school.
Ukraine Embassy Address In Nigeria
Address: Plot 15, Moundou Street, Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Schedule: 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm
Days off: Sat, Sun
Getting a student visa can be done personally because it is a simple process. Do beware of scammers and fraudsters.