UDUTH Sokoto announces 2023/2024 admissions into the School of Health Information Management (SHIM).
For those Offering ND, HND, and PHND programs, applications open on 10th April and conclude on 7th August 2023. An opportunity to acquire skills from a reputable institution in Nigeria.
The Three main programs being offered by the institution are namely:
- A National Diploma in Health Information Management (ND) is offered.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Programme in Health Information Management
- Pre-Higher National Diploma (PHND) Programme in Health Information Management
National Diploma (ND)
For prospective ND students, the following criteria must be met:
- Achieving a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings in SSCE or its equivalent. Required subjects include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or Physics, plus one additional subject.
- Applicants must have sat for the 2023 UTME and achieved the cut-off point. Candidates that chose the School as their first choice will be given preference.
The ND programme is slated to last four (4) academic semesters, spanning over two years, including a Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).
Higher National Diploma (HND)
For the HND programme, the following qualifications are required:
- A National Diploma/Professional Diploma with a minimum of lower credit in Health Information Management.
- Evidence of completion of Part I license examination (ND).
- At least one year of relevant work experience in a reputable Health Institution.
In addition, candidates must provide proof of their JAMB Admission letter obtained during ND Admission. Candidates with a pass (GPA of 1.00-1.49) should have at least two years of post-ND work experience to qualify for admission into the HND Programme.
The full-time HND programme lasts two (2) academic sessions of four (4) semesters, including SIWES. In contrast, the part-time HND program extends over three (3) academic sessions of six (6) semesters, including SIWES.
Pre-Higher National Diploma (PHND)
Candidates for the PHND programme must meet the minimum entry requirements for HND, along with possessing a Health Technician Certificate (HT) in Health Information Management. For part-time applicants, an appointment letter is necessary.
The PHND programme will run for one (1) academic session of two (2) semesters.
Candidates Shortlisted will be invited for a test and interview following the screening process.
The online application can be initiated from the School’s Admission Office on Remita Payment by selecting UDUTH SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION from the Service Type menu. The application fees are NGN2,000.00 for ND and NGN5,000.00 for HND and PHND.
The application period begins on 10th April 2023 and concludes on 7th August 2023.
In conclusion, this admission process opens the door to prospective students desiring to venture into the field of Health Information Management, presenting them with an opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills from one of Nigeria’s reputable institutions.