The University of Newcastle in Australia is offering an ASEAN Excellence Scholarship to support high-performing students to pursue their degrees at the University of Newcastle.
The scholarship is merit-based and it is aimed to recognize applicants with a strong academic background and incentive them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
Applicants from the following countries are eligible for this scholarship:
- The Philippines
Students don’t need any application to apply for this scholarship, they will be automatically considered at the time of admission.
The University of Newcastle Australia ASEAN Excellence Scholarship 2022/2023 (Up to $50,000) is available to undertake Bachelor level programs at the University of Newcastle.
All subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
The scholarship is valued at AU$10,000 for each year of study under full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression, or wellbeing grounds).
This equates to AU$1250 per 10 units of study and will be administered each term as a tuition fee reduction against the number of credits initially issued in your letter of offer.
Please review the full terms and conditions for more detail.
The advertised value of the scholarship and number available are indicative only. The actual value will depend on the length of program and ongoing eligibility.
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines, Vietnam
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a passport from one of the eligible “ASEAN” countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines, and Vietnam.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs, and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Not be enrolling in an excluded quota program (see selection details).
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the University (where eligibility criteria are met).
Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if you do not wish to accept.