Students preparing for the forthcoming UTME examinations can prepare by knowing the textbooks to read for JAMB UTME General Paper.
In the JAMB UTME examinations, the English Language is considered a general paper as every candidate registers for the subject during the examination.
Important Textbooks to Read for JAMB UTME General Paper
As you prepare for the General Paper examination, note this list of important textbooks to read for JAMB UTME.
Studying with this list will tremendously increase your chances of scoring high in this particular subject and overall in your JAMB UTME.
The list of these books includes:
- Practice in Spoken English for both Intermediate and Advanced Learners, written by Attah, M.O. and published by the University of Maiduguri Press.
- Revised edition of the English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and college. Published in Ibadan by Heinemann.
- The New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, written by Banjo, A. et al. and published in Ibadan by UP Plc.
- Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, written by Ceasar, O. J. and published in Lagos by Tonad Publishers Limited.
- Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, written by Daniel Jones and published by Cambridge University Press.
- Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, written by Egbe, D. I. and published in Lagos by Tisons.
- Oral English for Schools and Colleges, written by Elugbe, B. and published in Ibadan by Heinemann.
- The New edition of Senior English Project 3, written by Grant, N. J. H., Nnamonu, S. & Jowitt, D. Published in Harlow by Longman.
- Round-up English: A Complete Guide, written by Idowu, O. O., Sogbesan, T. S., Adofo, A. K., Burgess, D. F. & Burgess L. J. Published in Lagos by Longman.
- Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, written by Idris, U., and published in Lagos by M. Youngbrain Publishers.
- Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, written by Igiligi, E. C. & Ogenyi, S. O., and published in Enugu by Joe Hills Production Services.
- Oral English used in Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, written by Jauro, L. B., and published in Yola by Paraclete Publishers.
- Common Errors in English, written by Nnamonu S. & Jowitt, D., and published in Lagos by Longman.
- The Fourth edition of the University Matriculation Use of English. Published in Port Harcourt by Sunray Books Limited.
- The Revised edition of the Countdown English Language, written by Ogunsanwo, O., Duruaku, A. B. C., Ezechukwu, J. & Nwachukwu, U. I. Published in Ibadan by Evans.
- The Silent Teacher, written by Olatoye, S. Published in Ado-Ekiti by Segun and Sons Enterprises.
- Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, written by Oluikpe, B. O. A., Nnaemeka, B. A., Obah, T. Y. Otagburuagu, E. J., Onuigbo, S. & Ogbonna, E. A. Published in Onitsha by Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- The Reprinted edition of the Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure, and Idiom. Published in Ibadan by Heinemann.
- Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, written by Ukwuegbu, C., Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. & Owokade, C. O. Published in Ibadan by Heinemann.
- Strange Encounters, written by Okediran, W., and published in Ibadan by HEBN Publishers Plc.
- Hope In Anarchy, written by Adamu, K. U. Published in Ibadan by University Press Plc.
- The Village Tradesman, written by Adamu, K. U., and published in Ibadan by University Press Plc.
- Buried Beneath The Baobab Tree, written by Nwaubani, A. T. Published in Lagos by Masobe.
- Defend the Defenseless, written by Carrington, A. Published by Bronzeline & Co. Publishing.
How to Get the Textbooks to Read for JAMB UTME General Paper
Since these textbooks are very important to your preparation for the JAMB UTME, you must try your best to get them and read them.
You can get these textbooks through the following means:
- Purchasing them in any bookstore around you.
- Borrowing them from friends and senior colleagues who have previously written JAMB
- Download available PDF files from the internet.
The textbooks to read for JAMB UTME General Paper are very important, especially if you aim to score very high in your JAMB examination.
So ensure you get them and begin studying for the forthcoming examinations.
Please share this article with your friends. Cheers.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment