The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is the world’s largest African-funded and formed nonprofit dedicated to developing African entrepreneurs.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is now accepting applications for the 2023 cohort.
The Program aims to produce at least 1,000,000 new employment and $10 billion in new business revenue across Africa.
To learn all there is to know about the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, keep reading, as this article shall provide you with the necessary information.
About TEF Entrepreneurship Programme
TEF is a $100 million investment over ten years to identify, develop, coach, and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs. The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme has empowered over 10,000 entrepreneurs via training and implementation, resulting in a visible and long-term impact in all 54 African countries.
Applicants must be African business owners with unique ideas or outstanding entrepreneurs running existing startups with strong development potential. We especially want to increase the representation of French, Arabic, and Portuguese speakers and female entrepreneurs.
The Foundation has launched one of the most ambitious entrepreneurial programs in the world.
All credit goes to Tony Elumelu’s Africapitalism economic ideology and his ambition to institutionalize luck and democratize opportunity for a new generation of African entrepreneurs.
You are qualified to apply if you have a business idea or a startup that has been in operation for less than three years in any sector and any African country.
TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Eligibility
- All citizens and legal residents of Africa’s 54 countries are eligible. The prospective business must be registered in Africa and operate there.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and not be deemed a minor in their home country. There are no upper age restrictions.
- Applicants may be great African entrepreneurs running current startups with strong growth potential or aspiring business owners with game-changing ideas.
- All enterprises must be either company ideas or early-stage organizations aged 0 to 3 years.
- Your application should only address ONE business.
- They are especially interested in increasing the representation of French, Arabic, and Portuguese speakers and female entrepreneurs.
- Research institutes, faith-based organizations, value-added trading enterprises, government contractors, and businesses outside of Africa are not eligible for the Program.
- Businesses must not harm the environment, people, or property. Profitable business ideas must be the original work of the people submitting them.
TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Benefits
Entrepreneurs who are chosen will receive the following benefits:
- Training in company management at the highest level
- $5,000 non-refundable seed money
- Access to critical networks and marketplaces
- Global Networking Possibilities
How to Apply for the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme
All applications must be made ONLINE via the APPLICATION PORTAL.
After answering a series of mandatory questions, you must fill out an application form and upload additional documents and identity materials. Following submission, you will receive a receipt email.
To Apply for the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, Click here.
For more information, visit here.
The deadline for application is midnight (WAT) on April 7, 2023.
Please ensure to subscribe to this page and share this page with your friends.
We will update this page as soon as there is more information concerning the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme.
RealMina wishes you success in your endeavours!
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment