Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund, commonly known as Taiwan ICDF, offers Higher Education Scholarship Program to suitably qualified candidates. The Taiwan Higher Education Scholarships 2022/2023 is meant for international students to study for Undergraduate (4 years), Masters (2 years) and PhD (4 years) Degrees at renowned partner universities in Taiwan 2022.
International education and training has long been one of the Taiwan ICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries.
The Taiwan ICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan. The scholarship recipients gets a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Scholarship
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: The students of eligible countries of the region of Asia Pacific, West Asia, Africa (Burkina Faso, Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Swaziland), Caribbean, Central America, South America, Europe can apply for this scholarship.
To be taken at (country): Universities in Taiwan
Accepted Subject Areas: For undergraduate, masters and PhD courses offered at any of the participating University in Taiwan
Recommended for you:
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Scholarship Benefits and Duration: The Taiwan ICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
- Undergraduate Program (maximum four years): Each student receives NT$12,000 per month (NT$144,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Master’s Program (maximum two years): Each student receives NT$15,000 per month (NT$180,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- PhD Program (maximum four years; four-year PhD programs start from 2012): Each students receives NT$17,000 per month (NT$204,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
Eligibility to Apply
An applicant must:
- -Be a citizen of List of Countries Eligible (including select African countries) for Taiwan ICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
- -Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student.
- -Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a Taiwan ICDF scholarship.
- -Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the Taiwan ICDF has the right to revoke a scholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
- -Upon accepting a Taiwan ICDF scholarship, not hold any other ROC(Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the Taiwan Scholarship) in the same academic year in which the Taiwan ICDF scholarship would be due to commence.
- -Not be applying for a further Taiwan ICDF scholarship in unbroken succession — applicants who have already held a Taiwan ICDF scholarship must have returned to their home country for more than one year before re-applying.
- -Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan) government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
How to Apply for Taiwan Higher Education Scholarships
- Applicants must complete an online application (found in Program Webpage link below). Then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country.
- Please note that each applicant can only apply for one program at a time. The applicant also needs to submit a separate program application to his/her chosen universities.
Visit Program Webpage for the Online Application System and more details about this scholarship. GOOD LUCK!