These prestigious scholarships will be offered to students who meet the eligibility and selection criteria below.
If you are an international student, have recently completed an International Baccalaureate or educational award equivalent to the HSC, and are applying for admission through UAC, you are also eligible to apply.
About the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney (informally USyd, Sydney Uni) is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is known as one of Australia’s 6 sandstone universities.
Aim and Benefits of University of Sydney Undergraduate Scholarship
The Sydney Scholars Award is valued at $6,000 and is tenable for one year of an undergraduate degree.
Requirements for University of Sydney Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Note: Domestic students with excellent academic ability experiencing financial hardship or other disadvantages may also choose to apply for the Sydney Scholars Awards on equity and hardship grounds.
September 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to the University of Sydney on sydneyuniversity.formstack.com to apply
- Read the application guide (pdf, 170kb) carefully.
- Complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents (including a personal statement).
- If you have any questions, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click here.