The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) mainly aims at diversity and gender equality among scholarship holders with not even a hint of discrimination. This scholarship aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable economic growth. The programme is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
Important Details on the Scholarship
Host Universities/Institutions: Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Level/Field(s) of study: You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year 2022/2023 here.
Number of Scholarships: An estimated 350 scholarships will be available in 2022.
Target group: It is targeted at students from the following 42 countries:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Eligibility for SISGP
• You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for Swedish Institute (SI) scholarships (from target group above).
• You must have had at least 3,000 hours of work experience prior to 10 February 2022 from a maximum of three organizations or companies.
• You must apply for a Master’s programme eligible for Swedish Institute scholarships (see above). The university gives priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
• You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
• You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 7 of April 2022.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 10,000 (about 450,000 naira) per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden). The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The next autumn semester starts on August 2022
But there are no additional grants for family members. It also doesn’t cover the application fee to University Admissions.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, by 17 January 2022. Once you have submitted your application for master’s programme(s) at the website above, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. You must submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal from 10 February, 12:01AM until 28 February 2022, 2:59PM CET.
Deadline for scholarship: 28 February 2022.
Thanks for your time. Click HERE for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship.