South Africa is a popular tourist and business destination. Are you looking forward to visiting South Africa soon? If you are having problems with getting your visa, these few steps will make it easy for you to get a visa.
Please note that to obtain a visa, you must possess an International passport and make sure you are eligible for the visa application. Also, note that applying early will save you a lot of stress, at least four weeks before you travel.
Cost of Visa
|Visa Fee in Naira (Inclusive of VAT)||Service Fee in Naira (Inclusive of VAT)|
|Short Term: Holiday Visa||₦8,600||₦25,470|
|Long Term: Business Visa||₦30,600||₦25,470|
Passport Courier Service Fee: ₦4,500 per passport.
The South Visa fee is subject to change based on the current exchange rate.
You will require the following documents for a visitor visa:
- A valid passport (validity of at least 30 days after the intended stay).
- Two identical passport-size (45mmx45mm) photographs on white background showing your complete face.
- Application Form (BI84), fully completed in black ink only.
- Proof of financial status (six months’ recent bank statements) or financial support letter from the employer with six months’ bank statements in case the employer is sponsoring the trip.
- Birth certificate for minors/children traveling with parents. Where applicable, a consent letter with copies of the parent’s identification card/passport data page should be attached to the application.
- Copy of passport data page and copies of existing and previously issued visas.
- Verifiable hotel reservations/bookings – must be done directly with the hotels and not through third parties.
- A health practitioner fully completes the copy of the international vaccination card (yellow fever card).
- Applicants traveling on official business should attach a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/conference, etc., from the relevant South African company with full details of the company’s authorized representative, physical address, and phone numbers (landline number compulsory) included.
- Self-introduction letter with a physical address and phone number.
- Introduction/Recommendation letter from an employer, where applicable, signed with contact details.
- Marriage certificate where applicable and if the intended stay will be for more than 90 days
- Booking Verifiable Flight.
- Non-refundable visa fee of ₦8,600, excluding service fee.
- See the full checklist to ensure you have all the required documents.
How to Book an Appointment
Each application center accepts a set amount of application entries per day. Lagos accepts 230 applications, Abuja accepts 150, and Port Harcourt accepts only 20 applications.
Getting to the application center as early as 7 am is advised to hand in your application in good time and avoid long queues.
You can apply for your South African visa in Lagos, Abuja, or Port Harcourt. All applicants must submit their applications in person at the application centers.
VFS Application Center – Lagos
|Address:||Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden EstateThird Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos|
|Contact:||+234 815 018 8800|
|Opening Hours:||Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00|
There is a parking bay located outside the visa application center. Motorbike taxis (okadas), buses, and taxis are available to take you to the Visa Application Center.
VFS Application Center – Abuja
|Address:||No. 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja|
|Contact:||+234 81 5018 8800|
|Submission Timings:||Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 15:00|
You can find parking at the Big Bites eatery near the visa application center, or taxis are easily available for drop-off and pick-up.
VFS Application Center – Port Harcourt
|Address:||Vineyard Shopping Center, 88 Woji Road, GRA, Port Harcourt|
|Contact:||+234 81 5018 8800|
|Submission Times:||Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00|
Where to Print Your Documents:
In Port Harcourt:
Epos Center International Limited
|Address:||256 CAN Link Road, G.R.A Phase 3, Rumueme, Port Harcourt, Rivers|
|Contact:||+234 810 850 3646|
Hamiltons Print Resource
|Address:||7 Finima Street, Old G.R.A., Woji, Port Harcourt|
|Contact:||+234 803 710 8055|
Stainless Digital Colours Ltd.
|Address:||Shop Mez 4, Bannex Plaza, Wuse 2, Wuse|
|Contact:||+234 803 588 9103|
Lynz Associated Limited
|Address:||C18, Discovery Mall, Opp. Ecobank, Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, Wuse II, Wuse, Abuja|
|Contact:||+234 701 920 5000|
Print Center Limited
|Address:||Block 68, Plot 23, Bisola Durosinmi Etti Drive, Lekki Phase One, Lagos, Lekki Phase I, Lekki|
|Contact:||+234 1 453 0859|
Turnkey Printworld Limited
|Address:||1b Fola Osibo Street, off, Adebayo Doherty Rd, Eti-Osa, Lagos|
|Contact:||+234 908 734 7668|
Hopefully, the steps above make getting your visa application quick, easy, and straightforward. All you have to do is follow the information above, and you will be on your way to enjoying South African delights in no time at all.