Applications are now open for the Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) Postgraduate Scholarship.
The scholarship program aims to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
However, the specific focus is on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
Benefits of the SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK, and a contribution towards living expenses only.
The stipends given are solely based on the report of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) living rates.
The following courses qualify for an award of scholarships at the three institutions:
- University of Birmingham: M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
- Newcastle University: M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
- University of Plymouth: M.Sc Hydrography
Eligibility Criteria for the SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Be proficient in the English Language with a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS test.
- Secure admission to study any eligible courses at any of the universities.
- Possess (or expect to hold when applying for the Scholarship) a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree or any equivalents.
- Have finished their compulsory National Youth Service by September 2023.
- Be indigenes of Rivers, Imo, Delta, or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, with the intention of returning to Nigeria after the program.
- Not have already gotten the opportunity of studying in the United Kingdom or other developed countries.
- Be between the ages of 21-28 years by 30/09/2023.
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2023.
Note that the relatives of employees or former employees who have left the employ of SPDC, the Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies, or the College for less than five years are not eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
- Apply to any of the participating colleges for admission to any of the eligible courses.
- Following an official offer of admission by the institution, application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be accessible through the websites of Imperial College London, the Institution of Leeds, and the University of Aberdeen.
- Before being considered for final selection, the universities will review applications and choose applicants for interviews with SPDC.
- Completed scholarship application forms must be received by participating colleges by April 15, 2023.
The deadline for the applications is 30th June 2023.
The SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship is an opportunity for Nigerians, especially those from oil-producing states, to get quality exposure and education about the best practices within the oil and gas industry.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this scholarship through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment