The objective of the Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) Postgraduate Scholarship is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with specific oil and gas industry focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
The scheme’s other objective is to help students facing financial challenges to achieve their academic dreams by providing them with financial support.
- The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
- Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
The following courses qualify for an award of scholarships at the three institutions:
University of Birmingham: M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
Newcastle University: M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
University of Plymouth: M.Sc Hydography
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- Gain admission to study on one of the eligible courses at the college has applied through the normal application process;
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- Have completed their National Youth Service by September 2022
- Be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- Be between the ages of 21-28 years by 30/09/2022.
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2022
- Be employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of Imperial College London, the University of Leeds, and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2022.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2022.
Follow the Links Below to Reach Participating Universities:
We really hope this article was helpful.