The ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS 2023 program is an exciting opportunity for young Nigerian entrepreneurs who want to realize their potential and grow their businesses.
LiveWIRE Nigeria, supported by SPDC JV, is a youth enterprise development initiative to improve opportunities for young people aged 18-35 to start and grow their own businesses, contributing to a thriving economy and more fulfilling communities.
The LiveWIRE program seeks to:
- Introduce participants to business planning and management guidelines and skills through the “Become a Successful Business Owner” course.
- Provide startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Connect successful candidates with third parties such as financial institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Offer successful candidates a volunteer mentoring program.
The LiveWIRE PLUS program covers a range of topics, including:
- Pre-startup: Value and Organize Yourself (VOY)
- Bright ideas workshop
- Business Planning and Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Value Chain Workshop
- Startup business (access to finance and technology)
- After launch (mentoring and market connection)
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
To be eligible for the ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS programme, applicants must:
- Have a university degree or HND in any field.
- Complete NYSC if it is in a compulsory bracket.
- Either male or female from Assa North PTF and Access Communities: Akabta, Egita, Ohiauga, Ikiri, Obite, Egbeda
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Live in the country of origin.
- Not be in paid employment.
- Have an innovative business idea
- Desire to own and manage a business
- They have not been in business for more than three (3) years.
- They have not previously benefited from any Shell Community Skills & Enterprise Development social investment program such as LiveWIRE, Community Skills Training or the Agricultural program.
Applicants’ business plans should be relevant to the sectors/areas of the value chain specified by the SPDC, which include:
- Clean Energy Solutions/Oil & Gas
- Social Enterprise
- Retail and wholesale
- ICT and telecommunications
LiveWIRE PLUS Program Benefits
Participation in the LiveWIRE PLUS program provides the following:
- Access to high-quality, relevant programs and networking opportunities with like-minded young entrepreneurs
- Public relations, media and branding opportunities for joint venture partners, particularly Shell, demonstrating a commitment to local economic development
- Platforms for government interaction with youth/future leaders with a focus on youth development and small businesses
- Opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering Programs
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the stated criteria should apply by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below.
Candidates who pass the eligibility test will be contacted by email.
The application deadline is May 9, 2023.
Don’t miss the opportunity to kick-start your entrepreneurial career, gain valuable skills and access resources to grow your business.