Are you planning on applying for Canadian scholarships? You might want to consider the Rutherford scholarship.
Named after Alberta’s first prime minister and minister of education, Alexander Rutherford was known for his great dedication to education and community affairs.
Rutherford scholarship form can be accessed online through the official Albert student aid website for full-time and part-time students.
The Rutherford scholarship program comes on annually, and it is valued at $2,500.
PURPOSE: Rutherford scholarship recognizes and rewards the academic achievements of senior high school students to pursue post-secondary studies
Alex Rutherford Scholarship Eligibility
These are set criteria you must meet before applying for the Rutherford scholarship 2022.
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Be an Alberta resident
- Applicants are expected to have completed high school before applying
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full course load in a post-secondary program for at least one semester
- International students are not eligible for the Rutherford scholarship
How To Apply
Make sure you meet the stated requirements above before applying for the alexander Rutherford scholarship. Here is a step by step guide on how to apply:
- Open an account with Alberta student aid using valid personal details and verify your identity. Already have an account? Log in to your account and access the alexander Rutherford high school achievement scholarship.
- Fill in the form with needed information like social insurance no (SIN), Alberta student no( ASN ), and high school name.
- Submit your form, and the Alberta student aid will verify your transcript.
- If found eligible for the scholarship, a confirmation request will be sent to your post-secondary school for enrolment.
- A cheque will be mailed to you after a month your school confirms your enrolment.
Documents Needed To Apply
The following sets of documents are required to register for the Rutherford scholarship program:
- Canada social insurance no(SIN): it will be validated by the government of Canada before your application is reviewed
- Alberta student no(ASN): this can be found on your Alberta transcript of high school achievement
- Name of high school you attended
- Name of college you wish to attend
- Resumption date
Applicants must have a minimum combined average based on five selected courses in at least one grade. Grade 10, 11, or 12 as calculated from;
- Alberta residents: courses/marks that appear on official Alberta transcript of high school achievement
- Completed high school outside Alberta: courses/marks that appear on official high school transcript attained in another province
FAQ-Rutherford Scholarship Application Process
1. What Do I Do if I Find Out I Need To Change My Original Application?
You should notify the Alberta student aid as soon as you find any mistake or correction you need to make to your original application. Changes such as
- Change in choice of school
- Change of address
- Postponing post-secondary study
There is an option for submitting documents via electronic upload using your account
2. How Do I Find Out If I Will Be Receiving a Rutherford Scholarship?
Once your official transcripts are available, and your application has been processed, you will be notified in writing of your assessment results.
NOTE: your enrolment as a post-secondary school must be confirmed by the Alberta student aid before your award can be paid
3. If I Am Unsure I Meet the Eligibility Criteria, Should I Apply?
Yes, you can apply
Alberta student aid automatically assesses your academic average for all three grades. You may qualify for grade 10, grade 11, and/or grade 12
4. How do I Get A Replacement if I Lose or Misplace My Cheque?
You can use a phone number to reach out to the Alberta student aid service centre to request a stop payment and ask to have a replacement cheque sent to you.
If you find your original cheque after requesting a replacement, you must return it to the Alberta student aid.
There you have it, we have come to the end of our Rutherford scholarship  guide.
This guide covers everything you’d need to know, including eligibility requirements and how to apply. If you follow the steps as outlined above, there’s no doubt you’d be able to successfully apply for the Rutherford scholarship 2022.