RSUST Cut Off Mark for Admission 2022/2023 academic session has been released: Rivers State University (RSUST) cut-off mark is based on merit and catchment area benefits.
All Prospective Rivers State University (RSUST) Candidates are hereby informed that the management of the school has released all the departmental cutoff of the university.
This is to enable students to know if they are eligible for admission into the school and also choose a lesser competitive course if their cutoff mark is low.
Departmental Cut off Mark
The Rivers State University of Science and Technology does not really have a specific cut-off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in the UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, the admission process is competitive and admission is given based on JAMB score and O level grades.
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off marks;
- 220 – 240 – Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 200 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology
- 190 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 180 – All other courses
Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses; have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
RSUST Nature of Admission Screening
The Rivers State University of Science and Technology holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases.
Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed with the pre-screening exercise when once it is announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are SSCE result and JAMB registration printout only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screened on the JAMB scores and their SSCE results.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here are all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status