The Rivers State University (RSU) Marine and Offshore Engineering Admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session has been released.
The Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering of Rivers State University (RSU) is now selling the application form for admission into its Master of Technology (MTech) degree in Marine and Offshore Engineering for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The master’s programmes at the Centre of Excellence are designed to develop highly skilled professional graduates in all key areas required in the maritime sector and, in the offshore oil and gas sector.
The master’s programme also ranges from research and development, design, and construction/installation, to operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
The program conforms to the specified standards and satisfies the requirements of the NUC Benchmark for Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS).
At the completion of the programme, graduates of the Centre would have acquired the requisite skills to make them fully functional and ready for opportunities in the maritime and oil and gas industry.
Successful completion of the academic programme will lead to the award of a Master of Technology (MTech) degree of the Rivers State University and the Certificate of the Centre named “Diploma of the Centre of Excellence (DCoE)”
RSU Marine and Offshore Engineering Admission Requirements
Graduates from NUC and COREN Accredited University programmes (in Nigeria) or highly recognized/rated foreign Universities who also satisfy the following conditions are eligible to apply for admission:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a First Class or Second Class Upper Division with a CGPA of not lower than 3.5 on a 5-point Scale/System.
- The degree must be in any of the following engineering disciplines:
- Marine Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Offshore/Subsea Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- School certificate/GCE/SSCE ‘O’ level with credit in five subjects not more than two sittings that must include the following.
- English Language
- The National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate (For Nigerians).
RSU Marine and Offshore Engineering Programme Duration
The programmes are designed to cover a period of eighteen (18) months which includes six (6) months of internship geared towards executing a research project with practical applications in an Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company.
It also includes other key areas of Marine and Offshore Engineering. Academic Activities for the 2023/2024 Cycle are scheduled to commence on May 23, 2022.
How to Apply for RSU Marine and Offshore Engineering Admission Form
Application forms should be completed online, downloaded and hard copies submitted to the Director, Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering, Rivers State University, along with the following:
- Certified academic transcripts. It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that copies of their academic transcripts are forwarded under confidential cover directly to the Director, Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering, Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt.
- Scanned copies of all relevant certificates (including the NYSC Discharge certificate for Nigerians.)
- Letters of reference from three referees (including one from the academic institution last attended) stating that the candidate is qualified to undertake advanced studies and research and that the referee is confident that the applicant will benefit from the training.
- A brief description in not more than one page of their work experience and current task(s) and how the training will add value to them.
- Corporate bodies and agencies that wish to nominate their staff can do so by endorsing completed application forms as sponsors. Such nominees are also expected to satisfy the above-stated admission requirements.
Documents Required to be Uploaded
- Passport photograph
- Local government identification letter/certificate (For Nigerians only)
- Birth Certificate / Age declaration
- NYSC discharge certificate (Nigerians only)
- First-degree certificate
- Second-degree certificate
- O level certificate
RSU 2023/2024 admission process offers aspiring students a chance to chase a career in the desired sector.
Apply now to secure your place in this esteemed institution’s various graduate and Certificate programs.
Please share this article with your friends.
Do well to use the comment section to ask questions if necessary.