The Rhodes Scholarships are prestigious awards given to outstanding postgraduate students.l all-around students at the University of Oxford.
Established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.
Oxford University in the UK
Level/Fields of Study:
Subject to limited restrictions, Rhodes Scholars may study for any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Number of Scholarships:
Every year, a group of 95 scholars is chosen.
- Commonwealth Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Turks and Caicos Islands)
- East Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi)
- Hong Kong SAR
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Eswatini)
- United Arab Emirates
- United States (50 states of the US, the District of Columbia, and the US territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands)
- West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo)
You can apply for Global Rhodes Scholarships for students outside of existing Rhodes constituencies.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
The fees for university and college, as well as a living stipend, are included. Of £17,310 per year 2022/2023, Moving Allowance, Health Insurance, a Visa, and Two Economy Class Flights to and from the UK for the Start and End of Studies in Oxford are all covered by a Rhodes Scholarship.
Subject always, and always, to excellent academic achievement and personal conduct, the scholarship’s basic duration is two years.
All applicants for Rhodes Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
• Citizenship & residency: Each person must meet the citizenship and residence requirements for the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
• Age: You must be at least 18 years old and under the age of 25 on October 1, 2023 (that is, you must have been born after October 1, 1997, and on or before October 1, 2004, at the latest).
OR (for elderly candidates who waited longer than typical to complete their first college degree).
You must not have turned 27 on October 1, 2023 (that is, you must have been born after that date in 1995). And you will get your first degree on or after July 1 if you still need to do so.
Education: All applicants must be academically positioned to guarantee to finish their bachelor’s degree by the following October.
Academic status must be good enough to guarantee entrance to Oxford University, which has extremely strict entry requirements, and to inspire confidence in Rhodes Scholars’ ability to achieve high academic standards while attending Oxford.
Each constituency may designate a first or an equivalent. Some seats demand that applicants have completed their undergraduate studies in the constituency they are applying.
Please see the country-specific eligibility requirements at this link.
The application period opens on 2023 June 1 or July 1.
For information on the application requirements, eligibility conditions, and deadlines specific to their nation, all scholarship applicants should read the scholarship information on the country-specific page.
Country-specific deadlines range from July to October of the current year.
It’s crucial to read the page on how to apply and go to the official website (link provided below) for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/the-rhodes-scholarship/
This scholarship surely will be another rare but wonderful opportunity you don’t want to miss. Always keep tabs with us for more updates on this and more.
My trust is that this article has been of great help to you, directly or indirectly.
If yes, please give us a review and do more to share with your friends.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment