Applications for the 2023 Rhodes Scholarship are now open!
This fully funded, full-time postgraduate award enables talented young individuals from around the globe to pursue their studies at the University of Oxford.
With a reputation for fostering generations of successful individuals, the Rhodes Scholarship offers an enriching experience and a step toward a bright future.
What is the Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship is a life-altering opportunity to join a diverse community of extraordinary young minds worldwide.
Rhodes Scholars can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses provided by the University of Oxford for two or more years, adding a distinct dimension to their academic and personal growth.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers a wide array of expenses, including:
- Oxford University course fees
- University application fee
- An annual living stipend of £18,180
- Student visa fee and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS)
- Two economy class flights – to and from the UK – at the commencement and end of Oxford Studies
- Scholars receive a settling-in allowance on arrival in Oxford
- Assistance to cover the visa renewal fee and further application for IHS for those transitioning to a second course of study in Oxford
Who is Eligible
The Rhodes Trust welcomes applications from young, talented individuals of diverse backgrounds.
The broad eligibility criteria are listed in the Information for Candidates document specific to your country/region.
Depending on the constituency you are applying for, there are subtle differences in the specific eligibility requirements.
A Rhodes Scholarship is awarded without regard to gender, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
Eligible Countries and Deadlines
The Rhodes constituencies, i.e., countries or regions grouped to administer scholarships, and the number of scholarships available for each vary.
Deadlines also differ by country. For the full list of eligible countries and their respective deadlines, please refer to the official Rhodes Scholarship website.
The selection of Rhodes Scholars is based on the same principles that guided the selection of the first Rhodes Scholars in 1902:
- Literary and intellectual accomplishments (excellence in the classroom)
- The drive to maximize one’s abilities (as shown by proficiency in activities like sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic endeavours, especially where teamwork is required)
- Honesty, tenacity, devotion to duty, concern for and defence of people with low incomes, benevolence, selflessness, and camaraderie
- The moral strength of character, leadership instincts, and a concern for other people
How to Apply
Interested candidates should carefully read the detailed Information for Candidates specific to their country/region. Verify the application’s start and end dates for your country/region and apply.
Visit the official Rhodes Scholarship website for additional details.
Take advantage of this unique chance to further your academic journey at one of the world’s most prestigious institutions. Apply today for the 2023 Rhodes Scholarship!
Please share this article with your friends.