If you’ve ever wanted to study Economics in the university of Ibadan, and never knew the requirements, this post is for you.
Below, we will show you the University of Ibadan Economics requirements, cut-off mark and many more questions you might ask. So, be sure to stick with us to the end.
Does UI Offer Economics?
The University Of Ibadan (UI) offers Economics.
This means that Economics is Accredited In UI.
Now that you are aware that UI offers Economics, the next thing you need to know is the requirements to study Economics in UI.
Requirements To Study Economics in UI
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University Of Ibadan through JAMB To Study Economics.
- For a start, you need to have at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC/NABTEB or NECO) including English and Mathematics not more than two (2) sittings before you can study Economics in UI.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet UI Economics Cut off Mark.
- Choose Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
UI Direct Entry Requirements For Economics
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University Of Ibadan through Direct Entry To Study Economics.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the UI Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And UI Portal.
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (4) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
Cut Off Mark For Economics In UI
Before you will be offered admission to study Economics in UI this year, you ought to have scored high in JAMB and have also passed the cut-off mark necessary for one to gain admission into the course in question.
To be on the safer side, you need to target at least a score of 240 and above in JAMB so as for you to have a high chance of gaining admission into the University Of Ibadan to study Economics.
SEE ALSO: UNILAG Post UTME Result for 2021/2022
UI Subject Combination For Economics
Below is the JAMB Subject combination For Economics in UI.
Use Of English
Is UI Good For Economics?
The University Of Ibadan thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity which makes many always apply for admission to study Economics in UI and that makes it more competitive.
No doubt, University Of Ibadan is one of the best Universities in Nigeria to study Economics.
Does UI Accept Two Sittings For Economics?
The University Of Ibadan (UI) Accepts two sittings for Economics.
How Many Years Is Economics In UI?
Economics in UI is a 4 years course.
UI School Fees For Economics
UI school fees for Economics is quite affordable like most universities in Nigeria and it is not up to a hundred thousand Naira.