Applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) program are now open.
The program provides an opportunity to obtain a Master’s degree within two years in any low- or middle-income Commonwealth country.
It gives students the opportunity to experience a new culture, develop a worldwide network and broaden their perspectives.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Partner Institutions
The following institutions are partners with the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships program:
- Universiti Putra Malaysia and Universiti Malaya
- University Of Eswatini
- University of Mauritius
- The University of the West Indies, Mona
- Makerere University
- UWI St. Augustine
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus
- COMSATS University Islamabad
- State University of Zanzibar
- University of Dhaka
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be citizens of a Commonwealth country or hold refugee status in any Commonwealth nation.
- Apply for the program in a country outside of their residence or country of citizenship.
- Have already completed a degree program and graduated a 2:1 or (equivalent) at the time of application.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle-income countries.
Benefits of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Awardees of the QECS program are offered the following benefits:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Research support grant (request only and subject to approval)
- Allowance for economy return flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Living expenses allowance/stipends for the program duration.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Selection Criteria
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Creating Networks
- Development Impact and Post-Study Outreach
- Plan of Study
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
You must create a MyACU account before applying for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship. This allows you to save a draft application and then check back in to see the status of your application once it has been submitted.
You must submit a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate as part of the application process.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships allow students from Commonwealth Nations, especially those from developing countries, to get quality education.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this scholarship through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.