This is to inform the general public of the ongoing Internship Program at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC). Interested candidates should please continue reading for more details. Shell started business in Nigeria in 1937 as Shell D’Arcy and was granted an exploration license. In 1956, Shell Nigeria discovered the first commercial oil field at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta and started oil exports in 1958. Prior to the discovery of oil, Nigeria like many other African countries strongly relied on agricultural exports to other countries to support its economy. Many Nigerians thought the developers were looking for palm oil. The Shell Petroleum Development Company(SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy.
Recommended: UI/UX Designer at PhosMobile
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the largest fossil fuel company in Nigeria, which operates over 6,000 kilometres (3,700 mi) of pipelines and flowlines, 87 flowstations, 8 natural gas plants and more than 1,000 producing wells. It operated largely onshore on dry land or in the mangrove swamp. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Postgraduate Research Internship Program at Shell Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA PhD/Fellowship
Job Field: Internships / Volunteering Research / Data Analysis
Duration:12 months (non-renewable)
- The Postgraduate Research Internship provides opportunities for Nigerian post graduate students (M.Sc, M.Phil and Ph.D) to gain industry related work experience and carry out topical research within Shell Companies in Nigeria.
Team / Discipline
- Occupational Health: Occupational Health
- Oil Spill Response: Eco-friendly Bio-remediation.
- Strategy and Value Assurance: ICT, Computer Data Analysis and Management
- Environment: Impact Assessment, Botany/Revegetation, Biology /Chemistry, and Environmental Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit the following:
- A duly signed one-page application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- A Curriculum Vitae including, applicant’s phone number, email address, as well as three referees with their contact information.
- Scanned copy of the data page of applicant’s international passport or National Driver’s Licence.
- A titled one-page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SPDC’s business during the 1 2-month sabbatical attachment.
All documents should be sent to: SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2019.
Read also: Ongoing Recruitment at Bristow Group
- Applicants should not send any additional document apart from those listed under “Method of Application.”
- Applications from persons who have previously benefited from the sabbatical leave attachment in any Shell Companies will not be considered. Applicants must have relevant teaching and practical experience in indicated disciplines. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more available jobs click here